Senior Python developer for a 3D simulation app
fully remote, VI, fully remote
Job TitleSenior Python developer for a 3D simulation app
An experienced HARDCORE PYTHON ENGINEER required to code the data pipelines and data science algorithms for 3D simulation platform. You will join an agile team and will work with data scientists and architects to undertake rapid prototyping in both back-end and front-end technologies.
- Fully remote working, any location considered however the ideal candidate should be able to partially collaborate during core UK business hours.
- 18/24 months+ contract position
- Rate: very competitive
- Start date: immediate
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Implementation of core algorithms in a GCP environment
- Advising the architecture team on implementation best practices
- Working with front end developers to deliver optimal solutions to real-time simulation problems.
- Participating in code reviews
- Coding the data pipelines and data science algorithms for the platform
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- Significant Python 3.x experience (writing Object Oriented Python code)
- Comfortable with working in Linux environmental
- Comfortable with working with Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience in building microservices using the Python tooling ecosystem
Desirable, not essential:
- Data science exposure will be a plus
- Experience of gaming, Unity 3D or simulation platform development will be a plus
- Understanding of geospatial data (Openstreetmaps, Mapbox etc) will be a plus
NICE TO HAVE:
- Python web frameworks
- Familiar with CI/CD pipelines
- Experience using Jira/Confluence or similar tools as part of an Agile process
About the Company
- The product: it is an app related to transporting and emissions, challenging and exciting both from technical and sustainable point of view (at least this is what our team members say :)
- The project: started in Nov 2020, its start-up team and culture, but not a start-up company. We grow very quickly
- Start date: sooner the better, full time.
- Contract type: independent contractor, daily rate
- Stack: app core backend in C++, frontend in Unity 3D - to make it fun and simple for the end user. Cutting edge tech stack and solutions.
- The team - very strong technically, very international, and very distributed (we work remotely from the UK, Spain, Argentina, Ukraine, Philippines and Croatia).
- Project duration: estimated up to 2+ years
- How we work: we try to keep things simple, efficient and fast, and we look for the people who share the same philosophy
- Contact: Katia Panits
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: https://app.ismartrecruit.com/jobDescription?x=E7pdWtyZXNvdXJjZS5jby51a185OV9QUk9NT1RFVVJMX2VuQ9e