SOFTWARE DEVELOPER (PYTHON) - Remote
Job TitleSOFTWARE DEVELOPER (PYTHON) - Remote
We are looking for a developer to join our team and actively contribute to Qotto’s growth. You are passionate about IT and new technologies and you preferably have a high-level education degree in software engineering. You like writing beautiful, efficient code, and know how to use good design patterns to make maintainable software with rich functionality.
Your mission :
You will take part in the design, development and maintenance of applications for our customers, our internal organisation, or operations related to our solar kits network systems.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
Your skills :
You have good knowledge of Python programming and a strong experience in systems engineering and software architecture. You are familiar with Linux environments, and know the basics of the network layers. You know how to make robust software that knows how to deal with failures by design (network disconnects, hardware reboots, rolling upgrades, race conditions, dead locks…).
About the current technical environment :
Microservices architecture, Python, Node, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Kustomize, GCP, Raspberry Pi, GitLab. We have a nice deployment pipeline already in place (automatic tests, with coverage tracking, automatic builds and one command to deploy). We use recent Python, with typing (checked with mypy) asyncio, and have tools to automate boring stuff :)
Your qualities :
- You enjoy working in the dynamic and promising environment of a young innovative company in full expansion: you are not afraid of change;
- You are willing to learn and use the latest technologies in the industry: you quickly become familiar with new systems and concepts;
- You like your code clean, elegant and can write things with simplicity and pragmatism;
- You are precise, rigorous and far-sighted: you have the ambition to develop reliable, fault-tolerant and high-performance systems;
- You know that your responsibility doesn't stop at installation, and you care about the quality of the user experience;
- You communicate easily: you do not hesitate to ask questions, give your opinion and make suggestions when relevant, and you do not hesitate to put your experience to use for innovative ideas;
- You have a sense of teamwork, a necessary skill to develop a startup.
About the Company
About us :
Qotto designs, distributes and manages autonomous and connected solar kits and other essential services to meet the basic needs of African families in rural areas. We are expanding our operations in West Africa and already have presence in Benin and Burkina Faso. For more information, please visit our website: www.qotto.net
Why join us :
Joining us means being part of a growing, innovative and dynamic start up! You will evolve within a company on a human scale in which kindness, perseverance and trust are the principle values.
You will benefit from flexibility in your daily organisation with the possibility of working from home or a co-working space, but without being left on your own: we do short daily meetings, and have tools to keep track of our work and to organize ourselves.
Terms and conditions of the position :
- Home office
- Job type: Full-time
- Salary : according to profile
Send us your applications to email@example.com (Please specify the job title in the subject line of the email)