Backend Software Developer to build scientific web applications
Leuven, Flemish Brabant, Belgium
Job TitleBackend Software Developer to build scientific web applications
You will develop and extend the server code and API to efficiently provide access to our in-house statistical methods and algorithms. To this extend, you will be working closely with our scientific team, a UI/UX team and two other developers redesigning and extending our software prototype and making it a scalable and production ready SaaS able to satisfy our industry partners. The API will be consumed by a browser app therefore good communication with the frontend developer (and with the team) is an important part of this role.
You will have the opportunity to help design and scale the cloud infrastructure for deploying our SaaS.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- Solid experience with Relational Databases and Relational Design
- Good knowledge of Python and REST API design
- Fluency in English and good communication skills
- Critical,analytical and result driven mindset
- Experience building and deploying scalable SaaS systems
- Acquainted with AWS ecosystem
- Familiar with Flask framework
- Relevant experience in industry working in an agile team
- Affinity with statistical methods
About the Company
The Biostatistics group at KU Leuven is a young, dynamic, international and multidisciplinary research group and worldwide leaders in statistics and optimization, both in theory and practice. The practical impact of our research is huge, proved by our many consultancy jobs with industries from different sectors (pharma, manufacturing, chemical, energy…). More specifically, we perform fundamental and applied research in design of experiments, statistical model building, process monitoring, multivariate data analysis and chemometrics. Within our consultancy jobs, we often use our own algorithms to support decision making in complex problems. One of our goals is to embed our different algorithms into a web application, which will potentially lead to the foundation of a spin-off.