[Remote] Software Engineer | Algorithmic Trading
Remote (Europe / North America), United States
Job Title[Remote] Software Engineer | Algorithmic Trading
We’re building a platform to challenge the Status Quo of Trading. If you like to tackle interesting engineering challenges and explore beyond the limits of the current possibilities, then you will find yourself comfortable with us.
What’s our culture?
- Transparency: Collaborate openly and transparently, putting kindness and respect into every conversation
- Innovation: Constantly look for innovative ways to solve problems and bring additional value to our teams
- Scale: Always drive, design, devise, execute and measure with future scale in mind.
- Independence: Fully remote team spanning across North America and Europe
What will you be collaborating on?
- The design and implementation of high performance data processing pipelines
- The deployment of public facing and internal web services and applications
- Integrating work from the Data Science team into the data processing system
- Identifying innovative opportunities across the platform and in the industry
Current Remote Locations & Hubs:
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
Desired technical qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience on Python
- 5+ years of experience with PostgreSQL or similar database management systems
- 5+ years of experience building data pipelines and ETL systems
- 2+ years of experience with Rust
- Familiarity with stream processing tools like Kafka and/or Kinesis and service orchestration tools such as Linux containers (Docker) and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with data processing libraries such as Pandas and Flink
- Familiarity with algorithmic trading methods and tools
About the Company
The word aprawa means Pangolin in Twi (Ghanaian Dialect).
Pangolins have an extremely important ecological role of regulating insect populations. It is said that a single pangolin consumes as many as 70 million insects per year, mainly ants and termites. Yet they are one of the most mysterious and least researched animals by scientist to date.
That aside, Pangolins are the only mammal in the world with proper scales. A single pangolin can sport up to around 1,000 individually fitting scales and when they roll into a ball they present a predator with a set of armor that any medieval knights would have envied; the word pangolin comes from the Malay word 'penggulung,' which means 'roller'. Pangolins are also incredible tree-climbers and, even more surprisingly, excellent swimmers - thus multi-terrain.
Summa summarum, Pangolins might come across as "small" animals but they have a large impact on their ecosystem. Aprawa doesn't consume ants, instead we are building a platform that consumes millions of real-time and historical data points to programmatically define, architect, deploy, optimize and anticipate trading strategies and derive at highly profitable quant executions, to change the underlying ecosystem.
- Contact: Mike
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://aprawa.breezy.hr/p/277103da046e01-software-engineer-algorithmic-trading