Job TitlePython Engineer
PLEASE APPLY AT: https://boards.greenhouse.io/commercetools/jobs/4302019003
Our company is growing fast and so is our need for scalable, data-driven solutions. We need an experienced Python Engineer to join our Machine Learning team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about creating value from data and experienced in turning ambitious ideas into scalable and reliable software architectures for production.
Our tech stack includes Python, GitHub, Kubernetes, CircleCI, Docker, GCP, AWS and PostgreSQL. We follow Kanban and have regular stand-ups, pair programming and knowledge sharing sessions. Our team culture is defined by transparency, support, openness to all ideas and voices and continuous learning. Would you like to be part of a creative, diverse, friendly and passionate-about-data team? Would you like to share your ideas, be challenged and strive for team success? Then we are looking forward to your application!
About your new role:
Design innovative data-driven solutions for our cloud-based e-commerce platform Work together in a multi-disciplinary team with Data Scientists, Software Engineers and Product Managers as well as with other Platform teams Build and deploy scalable data science applications and REST APIs Work on machine learning applications like recommendation engines, image classification and data-driven resource optimization
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science and/or equivalent experience/qualification
- At least 2 years of working experience in software engineering for production using Python and standard Data Science libraries (scikit-learn, pandas, NumPy)
- Experience with Git, cloud deployment (particularly AWS), distributed systems, container orchestration and deployment (Docker/Kubernetes), REST APIs
- Solid understanding of databases, continuous integration and best practices in monitoring and deployment of applications
- Fluent English and the ability to communicate your work to people with different backgrounds
- A passion for delivering clean code and working with a test-driven mindset
- Aspiration to constantly improve yourself, learn new technologies, mentor, and share your knowledge
Nice to have but not required:
- Knowledge and experience with SQL, MongoDB, GCP
- Basic domain knowledge in Machine Learning/Data Science
About the Company
By giving our customers and partners, some of which are Fortune Global 500 companies across all industries, the most flexible commerce platform, which is based on a Microservices, API-first, true cloud, and headless architecture (we call it the MACH architecture*), we are not only helping them maintain their competitive advantage but we are also changing the e-commerce platform market. Founded in Germany in 2006, our international expansion has reached Europe, the US and Asia Pacific. In October 2019, with a $145M investment from global venture capital and private equity firm Insight Partners, commercetools is in full gear going forward. Check out our Career Page and our Website for more information.
This is how we work:
- Mindset. Modern methodologies and a diverse, creative workspace with an open and international culture.
- Product. Together we create an extendable, highly scalable product with state of the art technologies. Let’s develop something with an impact.
- Growth. Learn from each other and benefit from the knowledge of your colleagues.
- Environment. Flexible and family friendly environment, bright and good accessible offices, modern soft- and hardware.
- Flexibility. Morning person or night owl? Need to pick up your kids from kindergarten? We believe in outcome and motivated employees rather than feeling stuck in the office.
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
commercetools is living a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If your job profile aligns with our technical requirements, business needs, and company culture, we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, learning ability, passion, and not your age, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics, or disability.
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: https://boards.greenhouse.io/commercetools/jobs/4302019003