Senior Data Engineer
Chicago, IL, United States
Job TitleSenior Data Engineer
JLL Technologies Enterprise Data team is a newly established central organization that oversees JLL’s data strategy. We are seeking data professionals to work with our colleagues at JLL around the globe in providing solutions, developing new products, building enterprise reporting & analytics capability to reshape the business of Commercial Real Estate using the power of data and we are just getting started on that journey!
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer who is self-starter to work in a diverse and fast-paced environment that can join our Enterprise Data team. This is an individual contributor role that is responsible for designing and developing of data solutions that are strategic for the business and built on the latest technologies and patterns. This a global role that requires partnering with the broader JLLT team at the country, regional and global level by utilizing in-depth knowledge of data, infrastructure, technologies and data engineering experience. Polyglot programmers apply!
As a Senior Data Engineer at JLL Technologies, you will:
- Contributes to the design of information infrastructure, and data management processes to move the organization to a more sophisticated, agile and robust target state data architecture
- Develop systems that ingest, cleanse and normalize diverse datasets, develop data pipelines from various internal and external sources and build structure for previously unstructured data
- Develop good understanding of how data will flow & stored through an organization across multiple applications such as CRM, Broker & Sales tools, Finance, HR etc
- Design & develop data management and data persistence solutions for application use cases leveraging relational, non-relational databases and enhancing our data processing capabilities
- Develop POCs to influence platform architects, product managers and software engineers to validate solution proposals and migrate
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a quantitative discipline in science, business, or social science.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in both Python and SQL programming languages
- Minimum of 2 years of experience as a data developer using Spark, Spark Streaming, Azure SQL - - Server, Cosmos DB/Mongo DB, Azure Event Hubs, Azure Data Lake Storage, Azure Search etc.
- Excellent technical, analytical and organizational skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing.
- Hands-on engineering lead who is curious about technology, should be able to quickly adopt to change and one who understands the technologies supporting areas such as Cloud Computing (AWS, Azure(preferred), etc), Micro Services, Streaming Technologies, Network, Security etc
- Hands-on Experience for building Data Pipelines in Cloud.
- Experience in working with databases especially SQL server databases.
- Design & develop data management and data persistence solutions for application use cases leveraging relational, non-relational databases and enhancing our data processing capabilities.
- Experience handling un-structured data, working in a data lake environment, leveraging data streaming and developing data pipelines driven by events/queues
- Team player, Reliable, self-motivated, and self-disciplined individual capable of executing on multiple projects simultaneously within a fast-paced environment working with cross functional teams
What you can expect from us:
You’ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, well-being, benefits and pay.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you...
About the Company
Job Description About JLL and JLL Technologies
JLL is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. Our vision is to reimagine the world of real estate, creating rewarding opportunities and amazing spaces where people can achieve their ambitions. In doing so, we will build a better tomorrow for our clients, our people and our communities.
JLL Technologies is a specialized group within JLL. At JLL Technologies, our mission is to bring technology innovation to commercial real estate. We deliver unparalleled digital advisory, implementation, and services solutions to organizations globally. Our goal is to leverage technology to increase the value and liquidity of the world's buildings, while enhancing the productivity and the happiness of those that occupy them.
- Contact: Bryan Chavez
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: https://jll.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/jlltcareers/job/Chicago-IL/Senior-Data-Engineer_REQ129802