Python/Rust/distributed SQL in Vermont (& Boston)
Burlington, VT, VT, US
Job TitlePython/Rust/distributed SQL in Vermont (& Boston)
(Don't have a resume lying around, but mildly interested in this unique Northeast US opportunity? Please just fill out https://forms.gle/g76sDDrDb5eYU5jL6 and I'll be in touch!)
Faraday is a funded and rapidly growing data science startup powered by a small technical team. Are you a programmer ready to focus 4 days a week, with all meetings restricted to a single day? Are you ready to build an industry-changing product? Do you want to apply technologies like BigQuery, TypeScript, Python, auto-scaling clusters, continuous deployment and machine learning? Do you want to release open source under your own name? Do you want a reason to move to beautiful Vermont?
If you are happy at your job, but are ready for the next level, come find us. We are working on a product that has passed escape velocity and now we're reaching for the stars - it's a great time to build, build, build.
This position is based in Burlington, VT, with a partial-remote option and offers competitive pay, equity, and benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $200,000.00 per year
COVID-19 considerations: All employees primarily working remotely through pandemic
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- You can hit the ground running with at least one of Python, Rust, Ruby, or Typescript.
- You can show us a useful SQL technique.
- You strive for mastery (fewest moves) over expertise (fanciest moves).
- You have moxie, taste, or discernment (pick one).
- You are mindful of the work of countless women and men who have gotten us to where we are - Ada Lovelace, Alan Turing, John von Neumann, Grace Hopper, Dennis Ritchie, Don Chamberlin, Ray Boyce, Adele Goldberg, Vint Cerf, Radia Perlman, Linus Torvalds, Guido van Rossum, matz, Graydon Hoare, Daniel Bernstein, Sanjay Ghemawat, Jeff Dean.
- You have a Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
If you think this is cool, don't rule yourself out because you're missing something from this list - we want people with imposter syndrome to apply.
About the Company
Faraday (https://faraday.ai) puts AI and data science to work for consumer brands across the nation. Our platform is used by innovative companies in a variety of industries, including clean energy, e-commerce, retail, financial services, real estate, and more. Traditionally, implementing AI costs companies millions and requires big teams and months of work to do right. The Faraday platform lets brands model and understand their customers in weeks, at a fraction of the cost.
Behind the scenes, we're built on Python, Typescript and Ruby, with inner loops written in Rust. We love SQL, and we use BigQuery for large-scale data transformation, and PostgreSQL and BigTable for interactive APIs. We ingest and transform data using hundreds of CPUs. When possible and useful, we publish our work as open source.
Faraday is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company.