Dania Beach, Florida, United States
Job TitleSoftware Engineer
Chewy is looking for a Software Engineer (Python) to join our Marketing Analytics Team based in Dania Beach, FL. The ideal candidate should have experience writing effective, testable and scalable code, and releasing python based applications as REST APIs, Command Line Application and PyPi Python Packages. Candidates should be able to debug existing code, and contribute new code to bridge the gap between data science algorithm development and business-facing end users.
The Marketing Engineer must have experience with continuous integration tools, and experience automating aspects of the software development cycle. It is crucial that the candidate is comfortable using the command line and is familiar with AWS, UNIX/Linux environments, and different DMBS.
Code elegance, quality and style are essential.
What you'll do:
- Maintain existing code base
- Create and improve unit and integration tests
- Design and implement databases
- Automate data science models
- Build in-house applications to support marketing automation
- Documentation and visualization of data science models
- Update legacy code bases
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
What you'll need:
- 3+ years professional Python experience
- knowledge of data structures and design patterns
- experience building RESTful API backends
- Fluent in SQL
- Expertise in at least one popular Python framework (like Django, Flask or Pyramid)
- Team spirit
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Experience with version control systems
About the Company
Chewy is revolutionizing the pet industry as one of the fastest growing e-commerce retailers of all time. We offer a convenient way to shop for pet supplies within a highly personalized experience that's fueled by superior customer care. Headquartered in South Florida and Boston, our team of over 17,000 members-dispersed across our customer service centers, corporate offices and fulfillment centers-dedicate themselves to delivering pet happiness nationwide. Whether it's our easy-to-use website, great selection of high-quality products, competitive pricing, speedy deliveries, or award-winning 24/7 customer service, we aim to wow our customers in all aspects of our company. Chewy's environment is dynamic and faster than anything you've ever experienced, built for leaders who thrive on delivering results. We believe in leadership, accountability, relentlessness, and creativity. We work hard with a dogged determination, but we have fun, too…. which isn't hard to do when you have your favorite four-legged friends by your side!
- Contact: Luis Villamarin
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: https://www.chewy.com/jobs/position/2173138?gh_jid=2173138