Data Engineer - Spark (Remote)
San Francisco, California, United States
Job TitleData Engineer - Spark (Remote)
We are looking for a Spark Data Engineer to join our Advanced Analytics team to work on interesting projects to help our clients make data driven solutions. As a big data engineer, you’ll work closely with the client and data scientists to understand their business needs, design, and develop a scalable data processing infrastructure. You will work closely with your team including analysts, TPMs, and data scientists to define tasks, provide estimates, and work together to deliver a world class solution. The ideal candidate will have the balance of technical skills and business acumen to help the client better understand their core needs while understanding technical limitations. The solutions you build will have a major real-world impact in enabling machine learning and data-driven decisions to improve safety, customer experience, and efficiency.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Strong understanding of high-performance ETL development with Python
- 5+ years of data engineering, 3+ years of Spark in Python
- Data engineering implementation experience with some of the following technologies: Python, Spark and PySpark, SparkSQL
- Advanced engineering skills with Python
- Comfortable working with very large data
- Demonstrated ability to identify business and technical impacts of user requirements and incorporate them into the project schedule
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Work across team to solve technical roadblocks for our customers.
- An undergraduate degree in technology or business is required
- Experience building data and computational systems that support machine learning
- Knowledge of AWS services
- Experience with modern software delivery practices, including source control, testing, continuous delivery
- Experience delivering product with Agile methodologies
- Experience with streaming data in Spark
About the Company
Logic20/20 Consulting is a West Coast-based business and technology company that delivers solutions using data, strategy, and technology. We hire remarkable people to create simple, efficient solutions for complex problems.
Although we make it look like magic, our success is due to our approach (methodical and structured) and the people we hire (smart, motivated, and team oriented). Together, these enable us to consistently exceed client expectations—and our reputation is growing.
For the past five years, we’ve placed in the top ten of Seattle Business magazine’s “Best Companies to Work For”. From engaged leadership and wide-ranging benefits to career mentorship and diverse internal opportunities, we pride ourselves on being one of the best companies to work with and work for.
We offer our consultants:
- Experience working with both large enterprise clients and mid-sized clients
- Progressive responsibilities that encourage ownership and design
- Opportunity to learn and gain experience in complimentary skills such as meeting facilitation, data management, project management, data modeling, and data management
- Company Culture that celebrates “Foster the culture of we”, “Act with integrity” and “Drive towards excellence” while having fun at work
- Training and certification opportunities to support your career now and after Logic20/20
- Various opportunities to give back to the community through company sponsored events
- Contact: Min Lee
- E-mail contact: MinL@logic2020.com
- Web: https://www.logic2020.com/careers/join-the-team?p=job/oFibefw6&nl=1&utm_source=website&utm_medium=Python&utm_campaign=Data_Engineers