Software Engineer (Data Engineering)
Chicago, IL, United States
Job TitleSoftware Engineer (Data Engineering)
What this job involves
JLL Technologies Enterprise Data team is a newly established central organization that oversees JLL’s data strategy. We are seeking a Software Developer to provide solutions, developing new products, building enterprise reporting & analytics capability to reshape the business using the power of data and we are just getting started on that journey! We are looking for a Software Engineer who loves to work with data who is self-starter to work in a diverse and fast-paced environment that can join our Enterprise Data team. This is an exciting global role that requires partnering with local and global teams by utilizing in-depth knowledge of data, infrastructure, technologies and data engineering experience. This role offers self-learning new software applications and programming languages and more importantly innovate when it comes to building solutions.
As a Software Engineer at JLL Technologies, you will:
- Contributes to the design and development of information infrastructure and data management processes.
- Develop frameworks and systems that ingest, cleanse and normalize diverse datasets, develop data pipelines from various internal and external sources and build structure for previously unstructured data
- Develop data & API solutions that enable non-technical staff to make data-driven decisions
- Design and develop data lake and API solutions to store structured and unstructured data from internal and external sources and provide technical guidance to help migrate colleagues to modern technology platform
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Minimum of 1-3 years of Python development experience
- Experience and / or knowledge of Azure platform (Azure Functions, Cosmos DB, Azure Event Hubs, Azure Data/Delta Lake Storage, Azure Storage Queues etc., Databricks)
- 1-2 years of experience building APIs
- Hands-on software engineer who is curious about technology, should be able to quickly adopt to change and one who understands the technologies supporting areas such as Cloud Computing (AWS, Azure(preferred), etc.), Micro Services, Streaming Technologies, Network, Security etc.
- Hands on experience with event processing and pub-sub consumption patterns
- Conceptual knowledge of design, development of Master Data Management
- Excellent technical, analytical and organizational skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, including technical writing.
- Team player, Reliable, self-motivated, and self-disciplined individual capable of executing on multiple projects simultaneously within a fast-paced environment working with cross functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science or Computer Science or relevant experience.
About the Company
About JLL and JLL Technologies
JLL is a leading professional services firm that specializes in real estate and investment management. Our vision is to reimagine the world of real estate, creating rewarding opportunities and amazing spaces where people can achieve their ambitions. In doing so, we will build a better tomorrow for our clients, our people and our communities.
JLL Technologies is a specialized group within JLL. At JLL Technologies, our mission is to bring technology innovation. We deliver unparalleled digital advisory, implementation, and services solutions to organizations globally.
- Contact: Bryan Chavez
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://jll.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/jllcareers/job/Chicago-IL/Software-Engineer--Data-Engineering-_REQ127181-1