Dexter, Michigan, United States
Job TitlePython Programmer
We are hiring a Programmer to join our Research & Development team to continue the development of computer vision applications. You will work with an interdisciplinary team to develop medical software.
Salary is commensurate with experience and training.
Work schedule and hours are flexible.
Requires physical presence at job site, but telecommuting on some days is possible.
Possibility for equity position.
IMPORTANT: The funding for this position is expected in April 2021. Therefore, hiring is on a contingency basis. Fixed-term of 6 months with possibility of permanent position.
- Telecommuting is OK
- Agencies are OK
- Interdisciplinary effort. The position requires the ability to work closely as part of a team of other programmers, bioinformaticians, medical professionals, and business experts. Excellent verbal and writing skills, ability to coordinate subtasks with others, respecting others time and opinions, and an attitude of inclusion are essential.
- Collaborative coding and version control. Expertise with Git and GitHub
- Remote work. This will be a full-time position and requires physical presence at the job site, but there is possibility to work remotely some days. This requires a self-motivated and disciplined individual with excellent ability to compartmentalize and manage time. Comfort with Google Meet or other conferencing applications will be required. Working knowledge of cloud computing is required.
- Sensitive patient information and company proprietary information. Position requires an individual with cautious and disciplined temperament to handle sensitive information.
- Technical skills requirement - Advanced level expected. Python, Artificial Intelligence packages (OpenCV, Keras, TensorFlow), Cloud computing (Google cloud)
- A PhD in computer science, computer engineering, or related field, OR a MS in said fields with minimum 3 years experience in computer vision, OR at least 6 years of experience in computer vision.
About the Company
HeloGenika is a Michigan-based startup precision genomics company focused on cancer diagnostics.