Alchera Technologies Ltd
Cambridgeshire, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Job TitleSoftware Engineer
We are looking for bright and enthusiastic individuals to join our Cambridge-based team, with a background in engineering or computer science to work alongside our multidisciplinary teams on the full-stack development of our real-time data platform. Working with us means working in an energetic and driven start-up environment with a team of exceptionally talented colleagues, in a position to shape the future of transport and the built environment.
You will be working closely with our existing team on extending our current capability and building out new functionality. This will include work on building APIs, enhancing the data streaming pipeline, architecture design iteration and the overall monitoring and deployment of the platform. Candidates need to be flexible to pick up new frameworks, think outside the box and have some strong foundations in core programming.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
Essential skills & qualifications:
● Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
● At least 2 years professional development experience
● Ability to write clean, scalable and well documented code
● Accustomed to thoroughly testing code with unit, functional and integration tests
● Experience working on distributed software systems that have proven scalability and robustness
● Understanding of data storage technologies
Beneficial skills & qualifications:
● Experience working in a continuous integration and continuous deployment environment
● Experience managing and deploying systems on cloud computing platforms such as AWS or Azure
● Experience working in an agile development team
● Front-end development experience
● Awareness of machine learning and computer vision libraries
● Experience with GPU programming (preferable using CUDA)
About the Company
At Alchera we continue to build a real-time data platform to make infrastructure intelligent. Our mission is to help our clients build responsive, human-scale intelligence into their smart cities, transport infrastructure and mobility operations. Founded by researchers from the University of Cambridge & UCL, we have a rich pedigree of world-leading machine learning and computer vision technologies.
Joining Alchera means joining an incredibly talented and motivated group of people, all of whom share a common vision of creating safer, cleaner and more efficient cities for their citizens. Our team combines a diverse group of visionary leaders, multi-disciplinary technical experts, and experienced commercially minded people. We have a fun and friendly atmosphere, challenging ourselves every day and are committed to our work.