Rockville, MD, United States
Job TitleSoftware Engineer
The Software Engineer will be focused on developing Python applications to support bioinformatics and precision oncology. This role provides strong career growth opportunity in Clinical Informatics in an aggressively innovative technology environment working in one of our nation’s premiere research organizations.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Software engineering skills: Python (required)
- Database: SQL db (required); noSQL db (preferred)
- Strong knowledge on applying algorithms (required)
- Behavior-driven development (BDD) / automated testing and deployment (preferred)
- Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Deployment (CD) DevOps pipeline SDLC environment . (strongly preferred)
- Docker (Preferred)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure : dynamodb, elasticsearch, etc.(strongly preferred)
- Linux (required)
- A willingness and ability to communicate with clients, users, and colleagues across all levels of the development effort. (required)
- Six (6) years of progressive, successful experience in areas of expertise, such as hardware/software/network design, programming support, software development, operations, management, or administration
- BS Degree with four (4) or more years of specialized experience (required) ; or MS Degree (preferred) and three (3) or more years of specialized experience.
- Clinical Trials / Clinical Research, Health Informatics / Clinical Informatics or other relevant experience (eg. FDA) strongly preferred, but not required.
About the Company
Essex Management a biomedical informatics and health information technology-focused consultancy founded in 2009 and headquartered in Rockville, MD. Our staff comprises experts with extensive experience in strategically developing and managing complex health and biomedical information programs for clients in the Federal Government, research academia, and private sectors.
Essex Management, LLC is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email email@example.com . If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Essex HR Department at 301-760-7527 or firstname.lastname@example.org . This telephone line and email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a response.
- Contact: Michael Hotchkiss
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: https://essexmanagement.zohorecruit.com/jobs/Careers/524609000002388116/Software-Engineer?source=CareerSite