Frequenz Energy-as-a-Service GmbH
Job TitlePython Developer
You will work closely with our data science team to transform their innovations into well crafted backend applications, developing products that have a direct impact on the adoption and viability of renewable energy technologies.
As an early team member you will have the opportunity to design key components of our backend systems, with good opportunities for leadership or domain-expert positions and the company grows.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
The ideal candidate for this role is an experienced Python developer who is looking to extend their horizons into data engineering and data science:
- 3+ years of Python software development experience
- Experience of test-driven development and design
- Experience with SQL databases, e.g. PostgreSQL
- "Dive deep" attitude to problem solving
- Willingness to write and maintain well crafted documentation
- Some level of familiarity with data engineering and machine learning
- A desire to create new technologies, not just plug together existing ones
Bonus points for:
- A degree in computer science or a similar technical field
- Experience with other programming languages (e.g. C/C++, D, Rust)
- Experience with Spark, MLFlow, or similar technologies
About the Company
Frequenz is a Cleantech startup based in the heart of Berlin right at the border of Mitte and Kreuzberg. Founded by the team behind Sociomantic Labs (one of Berlin's major startup success stories), our goal is to connect power trading, renewable energy production and electricity storage through advanced real-time software. We aim to create a new digital energy ecosystem and need your help!
Working with us you can expect:
- a dynamic and enthusiastic development environment in a fast-growing team
- development that makes a difference, solving key problems to move the world to a zero-carbon economy
- technical challenges that range from embedded software all the way up to large scale machine learning