Irving, Texas, USA
Job TitlePython Engineer
How you will help
Working with our product and data science teams, you will own and be responsible for developing key components of our overall system that enables our customers to bring new insights to their own businesses.
You will be responsible for the migration from Perl ( existing ) to Python.
You’ll use the best tools for the job, whether modern and revolutionary or time tested and proven, to deliver elegant, scalable solutions that meet business and technical needs.
Your team will support you and you the same. Peer review of solutions and implementations is expected.
You will play an integral part in building the foundation of everything to come.
What you will do
Research and implement python solutions with a team of developers Produce peer-reviewed quality software Solve complex problems related to the real-time discovery of large data Some migration project experience in Python Strong knowledge in Python Maintenance of data migration work Work with developers and customers to verify the accuracy and completion of data migration results after scripts were run, and remediate any issues. Perform Data Validation Pre & Post Data Load. Perform Data Integrity checks. Providing proactive response, based on the severity of the issue.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- 5+ years of experience in programming in Python,
- 5+ Years with Perl programming.
- Prior experience in real-world PERL development & Object-oriented PERL.
- Expert knowledge of design patterns, multi-threaded systems, and automated unit testing
- Experienced in processing large scale data.
- Experienced in writing scalable applications on distributed architectures.
- Eager to both review peer code and have your code reviewed.
- Comfortable on the command line and consider it an essential tool
- Confident in SQL, you know it, write smart queries, it’s no big deal.