Senior Python Engineer
London, Reading, or remote, UK
Job TitleSenior Python Engineer
Diffusion is an innovative real-time data platform. Following a recent investment round, the Diffusion development team is growing and there is a wealth of new feature development on the road map.
This role is to lead the development of a new Python client SDK. The ideal candidate for this role will be a strong Python developer, up to date with Python 3. They will be familiar with network programming, concurrency, and event-driven systems.
Responsibilities include software development to create and maintain a library that implements the Diffusion network protocol, services, and client API; ensuring the library is easy to use and follows Python language idioms; tracking and exploring the viability of relevant new Python technologies; and providing back-line support for issues that arise with the library.
If you have the skills and knowledge, we will provide a mixture of self-driven and on-the-job training to provide you with the tools you need to succeed.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Under the direction of the Diffusion product architects, develop the Python SDK. Design, specify, implement, test and document new features
- Take responsibility for the consistency and quality of the Diffusion Python API. Fix bugs and implement enhancements in the Python SDK
- Track industry trends, follow best practices, and exploit innovations. Seek to delight customers with a great product experience
- Co-develop automated unit and integration tests with all deliverables to ensure appropriate quality levels. Automate the Python component builds. Improve the Continuous Integration pipeline, extending the level of automated testing of the Python components wherever possible
- Participate in peer code reviews, both as an author and a reviewer
- Work with the performance engineering team to ensure solutions meet performance targets.
- Work with the support team, technical account managers, and engineering manager to diagnose and respond to service support issues in a timely fashion
- Work with the technical writer to improve the product documentation
- Mentor junior team members
- Actively respond to questions in the Diffusion on-line forums
- Work with the rest of the company (including sales, services, and production management) to help them understand the capabilities of the Python SDK, review proposed solutions, and assess new requirements.
- Occasional direct interaction with customers and suppliers
The above list is not exhaustive. You will be expected to perform duties as necessitated by your changing role and the overall business objectives of the Company, as directed.
About the Company
Push Technology (www.pushtechnology.com) is trusted by leading brands worldwide to manage and optimize delivery of data around the world to their web, mobile, and IoT application data. Diffusion does the complex work to provide real-time data – reliably, globally, and at scale and speed.
We develop and reward people who have the drive and motivation to make a significant contribution to the continued growth of our business. We hope to provide a culture of accountability, challenge and opportunity and encourage a spirit of collaborative, creative and fresh thinking. We want everyone to contribute and add value by turning their own skills, strengths and interests into results.
We strive to be a place that people want to work and want to work hard. With great benefits and an already impressive international team of Technology experts, we want to bring on new team members that have passion, drive, innovation and leadership, just like our products.