Norwegian Institute for Nature Research (NINA)
Job TitleData scientist
Do you want to be involved in creating knowledge-based environmental solutions for administration and business in one of the country's leading research environments? Then the Norwegian Institute for Natural Research (NINA) may be the right place for you. We are looking for a data scientist in a permanent full-time position at the Environmental Data Section.
The position as data scientist is located at the NINA headquarters in Trondheim, reporting to the manager of the «Environmental Data» section.
Main tasks include:
- Develop solutions for collection, management, analysis and presentation of data using new and open technology and methodology.
- Participate in a wide range of research projects that work with computer science and machine learning.
We can offer:
- a varied and exciting working environment in one of Europe’s leading environmental research institutes
- salary according to qualifications
- flexible working hours
- a good pension plan and group life insurance
- a pleasant working environment in modern premises of a high standard
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
We look for candidates with:
- Education from a university or college in relevant environmental sciences, programming, geoinformatics, statistics or mathematics and good knowledge of computer science.
- Experience with one or more scientific programming languages, preferably Python or R.
- Commitment, curiosity and the ability to learn quickly.
- Good communication skills, and ability to explain complex analyzes to colleagues without the same professional background
In addition, it would be nice if you have:
- Experience with traditional system development, databases, cloud services and machine learning
- Experience from research and use of large data sets in analyzes and calculations
- Basic competence in «best practice» within software development, e.g. version control, development methodology and testing
About the Company
Norwegian Institute for Nature Research (NINA) is an independent foundation for nature research and research on the interaction between human society, natural resources and biodiversity. We are 265 employees divided between the main office in Trondheim and departments in Tromsø, Bergen, Lillehammer and Oslo.
- Contact: Siri Svendsen
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: https://www.nina.no/english/News/News-article/ArticleId/5110/Spennende-stilling-som-vitenskapelig-utvikler-data-scientist