Internal System Lead Developer
Remote, remote, Remote
Job TitleInternal System Lead Developer
As the Internal Systems Lead at Scrapinghub you will be responsible for all internal systems that we use to run and support our business. You and a small team (currently 1 other developer) will be responsible for developing and maintaining our systems which comprise mainly cloud based applications with custom integrations between them. You will be responsible for selecting or developing the tools required to support all internal business functions (sales, finance, HR, etc), its workflows and integrations.
You will thrive in this job if you’re obsessed with making organizations more efficient by using the right tools and processes. You will constantly be researching and deploying new ways to make internal processes more efficient.
- Own the adoption and implementation of internal system solutions used to support the organization processes.
- Define internal system projects lifecycle: goals, deadlines and deliverables.
- Manage projects workload and coordinate work between you and other team member(s), prioritising according to business urgency.
- Develop internal tools and integrations, currently our stack is written in python/django deployed to google cloud platform.
- Deploy and take care of the teams cloud infrastructure, consisting mostly of serverless applications.
- Reporting progress against project plans that you build, escalating/resolving any blocking issues or decisions in a timely manner.
- Responsible for full systems lifecycle, including requirements, design, development, testing, deployment/release, maintenance and providing internal support to users when needed.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- 5+ years of experience with development in Python.
- 3-5 yrs of other web technologies/programming languages (django, rails, etc).
- Knowledge of Salesforce or applications that integrate with the SFDC platform.
- Experience with application mesh and writing webhooks’ callbacks.
- Experience of leading projects and/or planning the work or others as well as self.
- Database / query experience.
- Good team player, creating environments that works towards shared goals, contributing ideas and accepting change.
- Ability to identify the components of a complex situation or problem, and dissect them into building blocks to develop a system or solution that address it.
- Ability to communicate with the different business units and people, helping them spec out what they really need.
- Generalist by nature, likes to keep learning new things and jumping into many different projects and systems
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform
About the Company
We are the Creators and lead maintainer of Scrapy, an open source web extraction framework used by over 1M developers. As we've grown through the years, our amazing team have worked to bring new products to life such as:
- Crawlera: A specially designed proxy for web scraping to ensure you can crawl quickly and reliably.
- AutoExtract: delivers next-generation web scraping capabilities backed by an AI-enabled data extraction engine. This enables customers to crawl many websites without needing to write custom CSS and XPath selectors for each one.
You will be joining a wonderfully diverse team of Shubbers who stretch to different corners of the globe and although we are "remote", we're certainly not distant. We share the same fundamental values that encourage us to communicate openly and freely; collaborate cross functionally; continue to innovate and strive to do better while keeping our customers at the centre of everything we do.
- Contact: Scrapinghub
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: https://apply.workable.com/scrapinghub/j/B5863FAF23/apply/