Job TitlePython developer
Who are we looking for
We’re looking for an experienced Python developer who loves to build innovative and high-quality products.
- Deploy applications that meet our customer’s highest demands in terms of performance, availability and security
- Design and implement clean and scalable public and internal APIs
- Take full responsibility for certain identified backend support components
Target profile & traits
- Highly driven and committed - you deliver high-quality products within deadlines
- Solution-minded - you avoid politics & find effective ways to get the job done
- Direct and open - you are always willing to share and speak your mind
- Smart and creative - you find creative ways to get things done & accomplish goals
- Customer centric - you seek to delight customers/users with all your work
- Quality-minded - you deliver top quality & expect the same from others
- Naturally curious - you crave new knowledge & best practices about your field
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
Required skills & experience
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar field - or equivalent professional experience
- At least 4 years of Python experience (not counting education)
- Knowledge about / experience with:
- pre-commit (the Python tool, not the git hook)
- type annotations in Python including checks with mypy
- difference between pyproject.toml and setup.cfg
- English fluency - spoken & written
- Proactivity & problem solving skills. Proactive in solving risks and issues in a timely manner, or to re-prioritize on close collaboration with the product owner if required
- Experience with agile project approaches (Scrum)
- Belgian based - on site attendance 3 days/week required (taking into account Covid19 measures)
Other skills & experience we would love to see
- Knowledge & experience with reactive architecture, microservices and containerization technologies such as Docker
- Expertise in writing unit tests and end to end platform integration tests
- Experience with automated build, test and deploy pipelines
- Knowledge of cloud and serverless architectures as well as infrastructure as code
- Passion for technologies for distributed messaging such as Kafka, Akka
- Affinity with financial markets and wealth management
About the Company
InvestSuite is a wealthtech company providing digital investment products to financial institutions. We help banks, brokers accelerate their digital wealth transformation journey in order to retain their clients and increase market share. We currently offer a suite of four white-label products including: 1) a modular robo-advisory solution, 2) a self-execution trading platform, 3) a new-generation “humanized” investment statement and 4) portfolio optimizer, ie four different use cases of our portfolio construction framework for more institutional customers.
Be part of a growing team of interdisciplinary experts in fields such as: math, software engineering, AI, data science, design and UX. Join us and enjoy:
- An international environment: We have offices in Leuven, Warsaw, London and Sydney and are present in many countries in EU but also other continents.
- Attractive remuneration: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. We provide the tools you need such as a MacBook Pro and iPhone.
- Self-development: We actively encourage you to join conferences and trainings to improve your knowledge and widen your network.
- Equal opportunity: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, religion, sex, gender identity or expression.
Place of work: InvestSuite office in Leuven
You can apply by sending your CV and motivation statement directly (no agencies) to firstname.lastname@example.org