Imaginary Landscape LLC
Remote, United States
Job TitleTechnology Manager
Imaginary Landscape is seeking a full-time Technology Manager who will lead our technical team that specializes in building, deploying, and maintaining Python and Django web applications.
About the Position:
Reporting to the CEO, you will take ownership of the technology footprint and make it your own. You’ll collaborate with a great team of technologists, project managers and web development experts all focused on the Django framework. Along the way, you’ll provide meaningful feedback as part of the management team to help Imaginary Landscape and our clients make the best use of current and emerging technologies.
There is a ton of variety and lots of autonomy. Here’s a short list:
- Lead the development, implementation and maintenance of our Django custom applications.
- Enforce coding best practices and secure coding standards through peer code reviews and automation.
- Collaborate with developers, project managers, business analysts and business users in conceptualizing, estimating and developing new software applications and enhancements.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of software objectives, business requirements, deliverables, and specifications in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Mentor other members of the development team in improving their development skills.
- Research, discuss and implement new products, applications and standards.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
The need-to-have’s include:
- 5+ years of full stack Python development experience
- Excellent knowledge of web architecture and design patterns
- Excellent knowledge of security best practices
- Exceptional clarity in all forms of communications
- Self-motivated and directed with a vision for the future
The nice-to-have’s include:
- Django/Flask or similar experience
- Familiarity with existing hosting companies such as AWS, Rackspace, Heroku
- Understanding of SQL and database design as it pertains to web development
- Proficient in Git for coding and deployment
- Familiarity with web technologies such as NGINX, Apache, uWSGI, Gunicorn, etc.
- Familiarity with front-end technologies like React, Node, etc.
Beyond the tech chops is a desire for leadership. This position will allow you to make a meaningful impact on the organization and take charge of the tech. If you are excited by this, we'd be excited to speak with you!
About the Company
Imaginary Landscape is a web development agency that currently specializes in Django and Python. We've been hard-core Python developers since 1998, and Djangonauts since 2006. Over the years, we've built social networking sites, eCommerce sites, banking sites, hospital network sites, sites for startups, and more. Our loft offices are in the Andersonville neighborhood on Chicago’s north side, however this position is approved for 100% remote.
- Contact: Brian Moloney
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://www.imagescape.com/employment-opportunities/