Senior Software Engineer, Backend
San Mateo, CA, United States
Job TitleSenior Software Engineer, Backend
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to develop the Python AptEdge Backend. You’ll have exciting opportunities to fundamentally impact the product and the business.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- You have at least a BS/BA in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Proficiency in backend languages and frameworks such as Python, Java / C / C++, Go
- 5+ years of experience developing highly performant and scalable back-end code
- Proficient in Data Structures and Algorithms
- You have experience developing backend technologies and services that scale to handle millions of requests, and extract insights from massive data.
- Experience with developing scalable platforms with relational databases like Postgres, configuration/synchronization services, and advanced cache stores like Redis.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes. Deployment experience in K8s a big plus
About the Company
We’re technology leaders with decades of experience solving the most pressing problems facing enterprises at companies like AppDynamics and Salesforce. We are backed by some of the top VCs in Silicon Valley. These include Unusual Ventures with Jyoti Bansal (founder of AppDynamics and Harness), Sequoia Capital, the Managing Director of Qualcomm VC, and Industry Operators at top firms.
We’re an early stage startup analyzing large volumes of data. We’re focused on hard problems in areas such as distributed systems, machine learning, and user experience for the B2B SaaS market.
We work with a sense of autonomy, empathy, and encourage experimentation with new ideas. We prefer clear, direct communication to be respectful of everyone’s time.