Job TitleProduct Engineer
At LifeRaft we are looking for a product engineer to join us working on next generation safety nets, using technology to build insurance products that actually work. You’ll be joining an early-stage startup with the opportunity to help build the foundation of the business from the ground up. We are experienced startup operators and insuretech/fintech veterans who are hugely passionate about modernizing enormous industries that haven’t been updated in decades.
Work you might do:
- Experiment with new onboarding flows for new customers
- Build lightweight data apps that help potential customers better customize their product choices
- Integrate new data sources to make enrollment and claims faster and more efficient
- Collaborate with product to spec out and implement a new flow for brokers and agents to more easily onboard their clients
- Monitor and maintain a live production system with a focus on system health and stability.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- You are passionate about the positive impact that technology can make especially in regulated spaces
- You are pragmatic with your technology choices, shying away from the latest and greatest for tried and true
- You are detail-oriented, ensuring that the job is done right and well tested
- You are value-oriented and are not afraid of hard work to do something great
- You seek to balance the short term and long term, eschewing the easy path for the one that generates the most enterprise value
- You default to trying and measuring before meeting and discussing
- You want to move fast and prefer aggressive goals that stretch you versus conservative ones you know you can reach
- You thrive in unstructured early stage environments and are energized by the chase for product market fit
You may have:
- Experience working with and maintaining a production software system, ideally in a regulated environment
- Experience with compliance audits, such as SOC-2, HIPAA, or PCI
- Experience in startup environments and early stage companies
About the Company
Liferaft is a new insuretech company with a mission to build functional and reliable safety nets. We are starting with products that supplement traditional health plans, making health insurance less complicated, more flexible, and more cost effective. Our first product, an inpatient hospital stay plan, offers affordable monthly premium options, and a straightforward value proposition of a direct cash benefit to the policy holder upon hospital admission. Our platform is fully digital from application to policy generation to claims giving a seamless purchase, enrollment, and administrative experience. Future products will include cancer care, critical illness, and the like. Our founding team are experts in AI/ML, insurance, and fintech, and we are backed by A-list investors and angels.