Senior Python Backend Developer
Tallinn, Harjumaa, Estonia
Job TitleSenior Python Backend Developer
We're collaborating on a project to revolutionize the data economy of the world. The project needs more talented people to help out.
The team is talented and very passionate about creating excellent software. Everyone's feedback is highly valued and there is lots of room to build the kind of role you want for yourself.
Most of the work is done remotely using modern tooling, and we're constantly pushing the boundaries with how to ensure the end result is of excellent quality while keeping development highly efficient.
We value people with enough expertise to be independent when necessary, but with the team work skills to ask for help when needed, help others, and collaborate in planning everything together.
We're specifically looking for additional help with Python API development incl. related DevOps tooling, automated tests, and so on. We work heavily with Python and most of our internal tooling is written with Python as well. We're mostly running modern Python (>=3.6, more 3.8 coming in all the time) and we're interested in trying out PyPy and similar for potential gains in certain areas.
What we offer:
- A reasonable salary 🙂
- Freedom to choose your own working hours (within reason, there are meetings to attend, people to communicate with, etc.) ⌛
- Ability to work remotely almost all the time 🏡
- Little in terms of legacy to deal with - we're mostly building new things 👴
- The hardware and software you require to work at peak performance 💻
- Opportunities to create Open Source code and libraries for your GitHub profile while working with proprietary implementations ✨
- Chance to make your mark working in a talented team with modern technologies ❣
- Ability to define the specifics of your role 👍
- 20% time for community projects - ask more! 🌻
- Team members can use Windows, Mac and/or Linux however they want 🎉
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- Physically located in Estonia, with the ability to travel to Finland regularly (while we're avoiding unnecessary travel during these times) or ability and interest to relocate to Estonia with the current restrictions - we can help find an apartment and such, but cannot cover significant relocation costs
- Experience with Python and API development, preferably using asyncio and smaller high performance frameworks (FastAPI, Falcon, Bottle, Flask, Tornado, and similar)
- Experience in common DevOps practices, continuous integration and continuous deployment, and interest in helping the team always maximize efficiency with sensible use of automated tooling
- Understanding of a wide variety of software development practices suitable for a senior role, you will not be receiving training for use of Git, automated testing, databases, documenting your code, managing tasks, or other such things but we will certainly help with any unfamiliar tech
- Ability to work mostly independently without constant supervision while knowing when to ask for help, and interest to help team members when they need it
- Experience with remote working and relevant tools (the entire team is working mostly remotely)
About the Company
Cocreators is a small company providing consulting services and building its own products on the side. We're headquartered in Tallinn and we regularly visit Helsinki to meet our clients (while of course avoiding unnecessary risks in these times), and office space is available when necessary.
The company is focused on bringing ideas to life in a positive, diverse environment. Emphasizing healthy work-life balance rather than greed and grind. We are also aiming to make a positive impact on the world, and we've got a 20% time system with focus on helping out in the community.