Senior Python Developer for Booking Tribe
Prague, Brno, Czech Republic
Job TitleSenior Python Developer for Booking Tribe
What technologies do we use?
- Our main codebase is written in Python 3.6
- Flask as our Python framework (with Connexion for validation)
- Apps are built as docker images, orchestrated by Kubernetes and deployed to GCP
- OpenAPIv3 schema first API design
- PostgreSQL database with SQLAlchemy models
- Celery tasks for asynchronous and periodic tasks
- Top of the line code quality tooling - Black, Pylint, SonarQube and Mypy
- Slack as a main communication tool - a rich set of Slack integrations to promote flexibility
- Datadog for real-time app metrics, logs and alerts. Sentry for error tracking - all connected to PagerDuty for high severity incidents
What will you do?
- Design, develop, integrate and deploy high-quality software aligned with user needs and business goals - finding a balance between business needs and technical excellence
- Write and review performant code - debug, profile and optimize apps - adhering best practices
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Take ownership of domain/service crossing several teams/services - healthy architecture, testing, monitoring and documentation
- Lead and mentor less experienced colleagues
- Actively promote & support continuous learning approach within the team and department, demonstrating a positive attitude
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
What do we expect from you?
- Professional experience working in a product-driven environment
- Independent and self-driven personality
- Ability to write distributed, high-volume services
- Ability to deploy and operate services using docker
- Deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
- Care about quality and understanding what ship high-quality code means
- Ability to communicate professionally in English
About the Company
Kiwi.com combines worldwide flights, bus, and train rides into unique itineraries. Our customers find better prices and get to travel more. We book these trips, guarantee the connections, and provide support. And that’s not all. Our mission is to bring door-to-door travel to everyone. We love our jobs, and we’re always seeking the best-possible experience for our customers.
Booking Backend is the customer-facing order management system of Kiwi.com. Highly available, demanding architecture for developers who can thrive working on the integration backbone. Booking Backend manages the base booking orders, as well as all additional purchases (baggage, seats, insurance, etc.) – and maintains consistency in the customer experience – be it on mobile, desktop, or using a partner application.
We understand the codebase is always changing and therefore enforce clean code, code reviews, and automated testing. As we deploy multiple times per day, QA testing, real-time monitoring, and alerting is an inevitable part of our release process. We often refactor parts of code/product that are slowing development down but also focus on being able to deliver new features – to be innovative and deliver value to our customers. Within the team, we try to spread knowledge and collaboratively work on top priorities to avoid hero syndrome – preventing bus factor.
- Contact: Kateřina Klepková
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oIiYcfwU&s=python.org