Sr. Python Developer
Lafayette, Louisiana, USA
Job TitleSr. Python Developer
*Work Location is in Lafayette, LA but due to COVID-19, work will be remote until further notice.
The sought after position of Sr. Python Developer (Application Developer) enjoys working in a fast-paced collaborative environment and offers a challenging opportunity to leverage modern technology and innovative solutions to make a significant impact on our customers.
Candidate must demonstrate experience as a Programmer/Developer of a cloud-based application with a deep knowledge of Agile software development and DevSecOps.
- Support the technical delivery of small to medium, moderately complex projects in cross-functional Agile environment, on-time, on-budget and with targeted zero defects
- Work in an Agile environment (Scrum etc.) and adapt to the changing needs and requirements of the business.
- Provide hands-on support for DevSecOps and other automation initiatives using AWS technologies, including blue/green deployment, security and Test Automation.
- Coordinate coding and unit testing phases of system development and facilitate Code Reviews
- Identify opportunities for system reuse and system simplification
- Identify and manage dependencies and downstream impacts of the project to minimize adverse effects on other projects and / or programs
- Provide estimation of user stories, prioritization and coordination of technical activities related to system development
- Ensure system alignment to Enterprise Architecture policies, coding standards and best practices; ensure that process methodologies are followed in system development
- Accountable to business and technology management for end-to-end application development and delivery that meets and exceeds quality standards
- Directly contribute to creation of technical documentation including the Solution Definition document and Technical Design document; ensure documentation is aligned to the Functional Requirements and uses document templates that meet customer’s SDLC standards
- Independently manage day to day technical challenges and communicate to development lead any risks or issues associated with the development activities
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
US Citizenship is Required
- Bachelor degree in relevant field (Engineering, IT etc.) with 5+ years of experience as a developer for medium to large scale enterprise systems
- 3+ years of experience developing cloud applications. Solid understanding of AWS Cloud Architecture and experience with application modernization in cloud environments
- 3+ years of experience working in Agile and DevSecOps environment
- Proficiency in Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior Driven development (BDD)
- Advanced proficiency in Microservices and API Development
- Experience with identifying and implementing automation for CI/CD.
- Experience with open source technologies like Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, DevSecOps and related Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools, including Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, GitHub, Puppet, Git and others.
- Experience working with XML, JSON and YAML for configuration.
- Hands-on experience with AWS development using any of AWS services like EC2, EB, IAM, S3, SDK, CLI, Code Deploy, Code Commit, Lambda/Step Functions, Cloudfront, Cloudwatch etc.
- Experience with implementing integration solutions with RESTful Web Services
- Passionate about learning new things along with good work ethics
- Excellent communication skills with ability to manage multiple priorities
- Experience with leading cloud service provider stacks (AWS, Azure, VM Ware, and Google) and their service offerings
- Due to the nature of this government contract, US Citizenship is required
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Associate or Professional)
- Agile Certification
- Experience with full stack development
- Understanding of DevSecOps process and tooling
- Direct experience with Scrum Agile framework and processes
- Experience working in an integrated product development team consisting of govt. and contractor resources
About the Company
CGI is in the top 5 largest global IT companies spread across 40 countries with endless opportunities to expand and grow. As a CGI Federal Member, you have the opportunity to be a shareholder at CGI and join a family of 75,000 members strong.
- Contact: Kathleen Runfola
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: https://www.cgi.com/en-us/careers-search/J0820-0261/sr-python-cloud-developer-us-citizenship-required