Senior DevOps Engineer
HERVEY RECRUITING SERVICES
Frisco, Texas, United States
Job TitleSenior DevOps Engineer
Senior DevOps Engineer Location: Frisco, Texas Our Client is the nation’s leading content, policy and training platform for public safety and local government, enabling first responders and leaders to better protect their communities and reduce risk. With a library of 200,000 articles and reports, 16,000 policies and procedures, 3,700 training courses and a network of digital media communities including Police1, FireRescue1, EMS1, Corrections1 and Gov1, we directly serve more than 7,500 public safety agencies and municipalities.
We offer our customers, partners and members, including nearly two million public safety professionals and local government leaders, the most comprehensive resource for policies, online training and grant assistance and the most up-to-date news and mission-critical information. Our mission is to enhance the safety and effectiveness of the men and women who serve and protect our communities.
We are building out a software framework for public safety that revolutionizes content policy and learning delivery! This is your opportunity to be a technical leader and member of a growing software development team who will be developing innovative solutions. To do this, we need you to be a member of our Frisco, TX based development team.
- Manage the CI/CD pipeline.
- Automate areas within the CI/CD pipeline, focused on quality and repeatability.
- Manage the deployments to our development, testing and production environments.
- Test that the deployments operate after updating.
- Manage Kubernetes/Rancher/Docker/Docker Hub execution environments.
- Recommending new technologies that can help increase productivity.
- Investigating software-related complaints and making necessary adjustments to ensure optimal software performance.
- Regularly attending team meetings to discuss projects, brainstorm ideas, and put forward solutions to any issues.
- Provide support in developing new product lines and upgrading existing products.
- Coordinate with product management teams in defining project scope and approaches.
- Work with project team to design prototypes to validate application functionality.
- Participate in design reviews as needed and provide appropriate recommendations.
- Analyze software issues and recommend workaround solutions.
- Develop best practices to ensure software functionality, usability, reliability and availability.
- Respond to client queries and concerns professionally and build positive customer relationships.
- Assist in development of design documents, white papers and training documents.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- 3-5 years of experience in supporting software (product) development
- Proven experience building complex web systems
- Experience developing in a containerized environment (Kubernetes, Rancher, Docker, ELK)
- Experience with AWS
- Experience in networking and network security
- Experience in a scripting language
- Groovy and shell scripting preferred
- Experience this Linux administration and security
- Experience administering a DBMS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science or related field is a plus