Senior Software Engineer
JEG Search LLC
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Job TitleSenior Software Engineer
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer for our client's growing web development team. This is a great opportunity to be part of the team that is developing a new, innovative product offering from the ground up using current cloud based technology stack that will reach millions of users.
Our client is largest independent source of financial insight in the world.
- Participate in software design and architecture sessions and own the overall technical design along with the systems architect.
- Willing and able to mentor a team of junior developers.
- Write high-quality code code in Python.
- Work with quick development cycles of 2 week sprints.
- Communicate engineering issues and requirements to management and other stakeholders.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in software engineering, design and development of scalable web based applications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Mathematics, Physics or a similar field.
- 7+ years of experience in full stack web development.
- Excellent Python coding skills and understanding of Python best practices.
- Experience with Python web frameworks and front-end frameworks like Angular.
- Experience in designing and developing Web Services and RESTFUL APIs using Python.
- Three (3) years of cloud based development experience (Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, or Google Cloud).
- Ability to write clean, maintainable code, including unit tests (TDD).
- Passion for learning and adopting new technology.
- Obsession with customer focus and delivering business value. Demonstrate ownership, urgency and drive.
- Strong understanding of data structures.
- Knowledge of architecture and software design patterns (Collections, DI, IoC, MVC, TDD etc).
- Experience in building data intensive systems.
- Development with data in PostgreSQL or comparable relational database management system (RDBMS).
- Ability to write complex queries using SQL and NoSQL statements.
- Experience with security frameworks.
- Experience with ElasticSearch and machine learning frameworks.
- Experience with performance tuning.
- Proficient on version control tools such as Git, Github, GitLab or similar.
- Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Preferred but not required:
- Agile/ Scrum experience.
- Full stack development experience.
- Experience working with real-time financial data.
- Experience with data-intensive distributed applications.
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, CouchDB, DynamoDB)
About the Company
JEG Search is an executive recruitment firm. For more information: www.jegsearch.com Or client is largest independent source of financial insight in the world.