Senior Data Engineer (Python)
Moonachie, NJ, United States
Job TitleSenior Data Engineer (Python)
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The ideal candidate will be working in our mixed technology environment to deliver data products providing decision support for business and customers. As part of a highly collaborative team, the role will interact with technical and business resources within and outside of IT organization. The ideal candidate is a committed, creative, self-motivated technologist who is interested in practicing current skills and learning new ones.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The following duties are essential to the successful and satisfactory performance of this job. Other duties may be assigned.
Build new micro-services, libraries, and features that form the platform to support cognitive analytic products Design and develop batch jobs, web applications and web services
Deploy scalable machine learning models to production Communicate technical concepts and solutions in a clear fashion that business stakeholders and other developers can understand and collaborate
Work with app dev and QA teams for testing and improvement if needed
Ability to scope work and provide proper estimate Familiarity with SDLC and agile methodologies and tools such as TFS, Git, SCRUM
Stay current with the latest in cognitive analytics and explore new tools and features if necessary
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Experience with consuming data from streaming platforms like Kafka.
- Strong relational and non-relational data base experience
- Experience with on-premise data products deployed using containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with Azure or AWS PaaS and SaaS
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- System and networking fundamentals
- ML Modeling is plus
- Exhibit and practice courteous, ethical and professional behavior while interacting with both internal and external customers
- Act in a collaborative, team-oriented environment focused on common goals to achieve mutually beneficial results
- Be accountable and responsible for the accuracy and completeness of assigned work and results
- Prioritize and manage work load and communicate issues clearly
- Exhibit effective verbal and written communication skills
- Comply with all laws, regulations and company policies
- Travel when required
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- 5+ years of experience with strong python development skills
- 2+ years in building python data engineering platforms for data science or data analytic groups
- 2+ years of web development experience with strong java script skills
About the Company
FlightSafety International views safety as a promise and commitment. We build trust over time, and continue to earn it each day. Our leadership team’s dedication to Customer service and technological innovation fosters our status as the global leader in professional aviation training and simulation products.
Since our founding in 1951, our instructors, engineers, technicians and teammates have greatly contributed to aviation safety around the world. Through comprehensive training programs taught by top instructors. By designing and manufacturing advanced-technology flight simulators and products that provide unmatched realism.
- Contact: Michelle Logan
- E-mail contact: Michelle.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://careers.flightsafety.com/job/Moonachie-Data-Engineer%2C-Senior-NJ-07074/662114800/