Senior Backend Engineer
Los Angeles, California, United States
Job TitleSenior Backend Engineer
This position can be located in SF, LA, NYC, Portland, and Seattle. All applicants must prove eligibility to work in the United States.
We are looking for multiple senior level engineers to join our Engineering team. In this position, you will work across our BE stack, working with data scientists and applying rigorous software engineering to build our systems. We are focused on key challenges in data processing, automated analysis, machine learning and APIs. Our key goal is to process large streams of data with novel analytic models into comprehensible visualizations and detailed analysis tools.
- Take ownership and responsibility for large backend projects
- Work with pipelines to process large data sets (using Postgres, Aurora, Redshift, Spark)
- Architect our services (in Python and other languages), figure out the best way to run them (on AWS and other platforms), and keep them scaling with our growth
- Advocate for process and architecture changes to help us continually improve.
- Help us set and maintain the highest engineering standards.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- 6+ years experience building scalable systems and backend services using python as the primary language
- Strong SQL and schema design skills
- You have some appreciation for data, analytics, and statistics
- You are smart and fast, but get your satisfaction from making users happy.
- You bring humility and a desire to “go farther together” to the job every day.
- You believe that every team can learn new things and find ways to improve.
About the Company
Tatari is on a mission to democratize TV advertising. We help some of your favorite new products and brands - like Calm, Daily Harvest, and Rothy’s - find new customers on broadcast and streaming TV. As a data and analytics platform company focused on buying and measuring advertising across traditional and streaming TV, we have turned TV advertising into an automated, digital-like experience, with accurate insights powered by our proprietary analytic models.
Our team includes founders and leaders from Google, Microsoft, Stripe, Shazam and Facebook. We are growing our product, engineering, and data science teams rapidly as we seek to automate the complex landscape of managing and measuring television advertising. Our engineering teams are focused on simplifying the complex world of TV advertising to make the power of that channel available to ever more varied businesses.
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% healthcare coverage for you and your dependents
- FSA and commuter benefits
- Expenses for WFH while we’re all remote
- Free snacks and drinks, plus weekly catered lunches (when it’s safe!)
- Team building events and happy hour (when it’s safe!)
- Unlimited vacation and sick day policy
- Contact: Tatari Jobs
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://www.tatari.tv/careers/job-posting?gh_jid=4418682002