Remote, United States, United States
Job TitlePython Developer
Summary: As part of the Software Engineering team, the Python Developer will build platform and server-side components supporting our distributed, real-time PaaS/SaaS product solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the creation of world-class enterprise solutions supporting real-time web and mobile WebRTC based video calls
- Develop platform administration, identity management, routing, messaging, and other server-side components
- Constantly learn and stay current on the latest technology developments
- Produce high quality technical documentation
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or a related field
- 3+ years professional experience in software development, with significant recent experience using Python and Django REST Framework
- Understanding and proven application of Computer Science fundamentals in object oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Familiarity with other modern programming and scripting languages such as C, C++, C#, Java, Go, .Net, Ruby, or Perl is a plus but does not replace proven Python/Django experience
- Experience with WebRTC or equivalent real-time media standards (SIP, H.323, SDP, RTP/RTCP) is a plus
- Experience in real-time media transmission concepts (congestion control, bandwidth estimation, error concealment) and experience with deploying these concepts in peer-to-peer and client-server-client contexts is also a plus
- Familiarity with specific video and audio compression standards (H.264. VP8, Opus, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with WebRTC SFU technologies a plus
- Focused on creating software that provides an exceptional customer experience
- Strong individual contributor, self-motivated, and a proven team player
- Eager to learn and develop new experience and skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This job operates primarily at Stratus Video headquarters in Clearwater FL This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Exposed to ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment found in a typical office environment; quiet to moderate noise level.
Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds Required to walk; sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop; talk and hear Specific vision abilities required by the job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
This job description is intended to provide information essential to understanding the scope of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of skills, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Stratus Video is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
About the Company
STRATUS VIDEO is a technology-driven company that is changing the way patients and medical professionals connect across all areas of health care. At Stratus, our opportunity to strengthen the connection between technology and human interaction is what inspires us. Stratus built its foundation in the language services industry by innovating various remote interpretation services that include onsite, video and audio interpreters. Stratus has leveraged its existing technology into a telehealth division aimed at improving patient care while reducing hospital costs. Led by a team of dedicated individuals with decades of experience in the health care and technology markets, Stratus Video is committed to enabling visual communications and vital conversations.
Competitive salary plus commission. Opportunities for training and growth. Full-time employee benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Matching 401k, Short-term & Long-term disability, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off and paid holidays. Positive environment employee-centric culture