Senior Backend Developer for Series A backed company doing some real good in the world
San Francisco Bay Area or Seattle, USA
Job TitleSenior Backend Developer for Series A backed company doing some real good in the world
dumpling helps gig workers become business owners, and provides tools for business owners to operate with just a phone and some hustle. We are a small, highly motivated team who is going to help revitalize the economy and communities by helping people start, run, and grow their own businesses.
dumpling has created a community of users, many of whom were gig workers, who now own and operate their own businesses, and who are vocal about desired features and challenges they are facing. To further help know where our community members are coming from, everyone on our team has been a gig worker, and has also begun to run their own personal business on the dumpling platform.
dumpling is a fully distributed team, and has been since its founding. Team members are self-starters, and often work across teams. As most people realize by now, working remote efficiently and effectively with others is often done poorly, and we do it exceptionally well.
- Help go from concept to design of new features for our apps
- Work with mobile developers to implement and release new features
- Taking ownership of existing issues and bugs and fixing them
- Helping with support related issues
- Develop internal tools to augment our support capabilities
Role & Responsibilities:
Eat dog food: Everyone who is employed at dumpling has become a gig worker to feel the pain, and also become a business owner on our platform. Architect and build systems that power internal tools, and our mobile apps.
- Coding experience in Python, and strong knowledge of C/C++ bindings
- Networking experience: TCP/IP, HTTPS, GraphQL
- Databases and storage experience: relational databases, schema design, SQL, NoSQL, database operation
- Understanding of scalable infrastructure: networking, storage, and compute
- Experience with cloud infrastructure
We are 100% remote and distributed, ideally in the Bay Area or Seattle area.
Small team so may wear many hats
Strong communication and video conferencing skills (yes, most people don’t videoconf very well)
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
Qualified applications accepted here: https://dumpling.freshteam.com/jobs/OwOrqX3UXlEW/senior-backend-developer-remote