Lead Backend Engineer
Remote, -, Remote
Job TitleLead Backend Engineer
About the role:
In this role you will lead our backend architecture and the development of our core systems. You will spend most of your time hands-on developing, with a portion of your time spent mentoring and leading other engineers on the team. This role can grow into a CTO / Director of Engineering / Engineering Management position as we scale.
- Hands-on architecting and developing our core systems
- Leading and mentoring engineers on new project initiatives
- Contributing best practices to the team's style guide and architectural decisions
- Improving our developer tooling and automation
- Finding and recommending relevant resources (articles, talks, frameworks, etc.)
- Contributing to product discussions
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
What we're looking for:
- The ideal candidate will have at least 6 years of experience working on production code in a start-up environment or a financial institution.
- Expert in Python, with experience in Flask
- Previous experience architecting and developing complex systems and understanding of scalable microservice architecture.
- Experience using Amazon Web Services for development and production applications, with an emphasis on automated build and deployment, high availability, and scale (AWS certification preferred, eg. AWS Solutions Architect Professional)
- Understanding of GDPR, PSD2 and other compliance requirements and privacy frameworks and their impact on engineering and software architecture
- Experience with database architecture and efficient scaling, with specific experience in at least one relational database system.
- Experience with modern engineering practices such as continuous deployment, Infrastructure as Code, Agile, and resilient architecture.
- Experience with Redis, RabbitMQ, Python Pandas and ML/AI systems are valued (but not required)
- Strong computer science fundamentals (CS degree valued but not required)
- Ability to correctly balance security risk and product advancement.
- An eye for detail
- Hands-on attitude and ability to drive solutions to completion.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Growth mindset targeted at learning and pushing the team forward.
- Experience working in a remote-first environment.
About the Company
Aster is the future of personal wealth management
Our platform is built to scale, architected with bank-grade security in mind from a privacy-first perspective, has integrations to banks and financial institutions worldwide, and offers a native iOS app to its clients for daily use. Your own seamless and intuitive wealth management ecosystem in the palm of your hand.
- Aggregate accounts and portfolios from multiple banks and financial institutions.
- Consolidate bankable and non-bankable investments including real estate, art and collectibles. Providing periodic valuation estimates for illiquid assets.
- Monitor and forecast your cash flows via cash flow simulation for optimal planning.
- Manage debt reduction or utilization to increase returns.
- Receive artificial intelligence based alerts, recommendations, trends, insights news via an asset based push notifications as a feed.
- Contact: Christopher Pruijsen
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://angel.co/company/aster-app/jobs/886986-lead-backend-engineer-python