Zürich, Zürich, Switzerland
Job TitlePYTHON ENGINEER
THE FELFEL TECHNOLOGY TEAM & YOUR IMPACT
Nice to meet you!
A quick introduction on who we are: FELFEL is a fast-growing start-up in Zürich, Switzerland, who has revolutionized food in offices in the last 5 years. The product? An intelligent fridge that is placed in over 500 companies where employees can purchase food from the best local chefs via an app or badge. An awesome customer journey and the freshness of the food differentiate it from a traditional vending machine (see picture on www.felfel.ch).
Today, we are 100 employees with a strong vision on how to grow and make life better at the office, particularly with strong technology involved.
FELFEL’s 15 engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how thousands of users consume food at offices. Our product needs to handle information at massive scale and make sure over 50’000 people get their meal of choice at any time of the day.
Your impact will have no limit: together with our CTO and our founder Emanuel and the management team, you will build the ground for our growth in the coming years and make sure our customers have an awesome experience with FELFEL.
OUR TECH STACK:
Our main backends are written in C# / .NET and Python 3, using the Django library (for web app and ORM). We have a diverse microservices landscape, which are written in Python 3 and are using flask + SQLalchemy as well as Django. Our fridges are running on a custom Android board running an Android application to serve the POS user interface. It interfaces with various peripherals via USB and GPIO (temperature sensor, NFC reader, door lock).
We run on Azure/Docker/Kubernetes and configure and auto-deploy our applications with helm and flux. Data is stored in Postgres and SQL Server and we use various queuing/messaging tools (Pusher, RabbitMQ, Kafka). For analytics and BI, we rely on Tableau and use logz.io’s ELK stack to analyze our application logs and telemetry.
THE CHALLENGE / YOUR ROLE:
Lead the design & implementation of our core back-end services, which allow us to manage the inventory of all our fridges in real time, orchestrate the fresh supply chain and sell products to our end customers. Every of the 500 fridges is stocked daily with approximately 50 different products with different shelf life. Drive the implementation of new forecasting algorithms and tooling which improve decision making for the Revenue Management team. In other words you are building the tooling to make sure our customers have the ‘perfect’ amount of food with a low amount of food waste. High availability: our systems run all day -you take responsibility for live productions systems with 24x7 uptime. Perform developer tests on your own code and peer code reviews as well as prepare strong documentations of your work. Develop tools for our internal teams (sales, support, operations, finance) to help run the business more efficiently. Continuously improve and maintain components & systems to ensure its functionality, scalability, uptime and security.
HOW YOU APPLY:
Please send your CV or Linkedin Profile-Link to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly via the job on careers.felfel.ch. We will be in touch in the next 24h to organize a quick chat with one of our senior developers.
Please make sure you mention the job title ‘PYTHON ENGINEER' in the subject line.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
YOUR TECHNOLOGY SKILLS
- Python is your language - you are an experienced software developer with broad back-end programming skills
- Strong familiarity with database structures, webapp design in Python and ORMs (Django ORM, SQLAlchemy) and can adapt them as required
- Significant experience designing & implementing distributed system architectures and APIs
- You can work with docker to deploy your applications
- Probably a university degree in Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
WHAT ELSE WE WISH FOR
- Manage individual priorities, deadlines, and deliverables
- Contribute to engineering efforts from planning and organization to execution and delivery to solve complex engineering problems
- A serious get-things-done attitude
- Affinity for statistical modeling and optimization problems
- Openness to work with many different stakeholders in the organization
- You are fluent in written and spoken English
- You never smell like cigarettes and don’t smoke during the day: FELFEL is about healthy living
- EU/EFTA or Swiss work permit would be great – otherwise we try to help
About the Company
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Lots of good (like really good ;)) food: Just steps away from your desk – we make all food dreams come true...
- Barista: Our office barista makes fresh coffee & tea for the whole team every day: be it Cappuccino, Americano, Espresso, Chai or Matcha – whatever you prefer the most!
- Holidays: Enjoy 5 weeks of holidays every year
- Birthday retreat: Take a half day off work to enjoy your birthday
- Transport: We encourage employees to use public transport by financing the half-fare card
- Family: FELFEL is a family business with strong values.
- We support parenting by giving 1 week of holidays for new dads, 16 weeks for new mums, and paying for up to two days per week of child care
- People: A great international & diverse team (20 different nationalities!). We are selective – and only hire the best chess players, cooks or video gamers ;)
- Location: We are located in the heart of Zurich - on the top floor in a bright, open office with significant focus space too
- Entertainment: We 'host' various events, including team aperitifs, sleigh rides, breakfast events and the well-known FELFEL summer & winter-outings
- Awesome customers: We have great, open customers that love to provide feedback and engage with us.
- Transfer help: Should you move from a different country to support us, we are happy to support you.
MORE ABOUT THE FELFEL COMPANY
FELFEL is a family-owned company and supports small, local producers in Switzerland. Sustainability is a core company value. The company has won several prestigious awards, among others the Swiss Economic Forum Award in 2017 or the EY Entrepreneur of the Year award in 2018. Technology plays an important aspect in the product and achievements.
The company was founded in 2013 and counts over 100 employees today. Friendship, respect, 'eating good food together' are key elements of our company culture. You can find more insights on the company and the team on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and of course our website.
- Contact: Manuela Steiger
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: https://careers.felfel.ch/roles#op-394382-senior-python-engineer-