Backend Software Engineer
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Job TitleBackend Software Engineer
We are looking for a backend software engineer to join our development in Amsterdam. Job duties will include working on Stream's core API technology as well as designing and building high-performance software.
Working at Stream, you will add new features to the service and find ways to make the existing ones perform orders of magnitude faster. Our customers have millions of users; they use Stream for mission critical features such as showing content and exposing core functionality of their application. Building stable and reliable software is not just an option: as a member of the development team, you will design and write state-of-the-art software, follow best practices, measure everything and be responsible for deployment to production. You will also spend part of your time talking to our customers and help them to use Stream in their app.
- Distributed databases: we built our own data store for feeds and for chat
- Real-time messaging
- High performance: our API responses are in the 10ms range
- High scalability: we use sharding, master-master, and master-slave to ensure scalability
- High availability: our entire infrastructure is designed and operated to survive entire datacenter crashes
- Multi-region: we deploy our service on 4 different continents
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- 2+ years of experience in software development on production applications
- Python / Django or similar
- DJRF (nice to have)
- Golang (nice to have)
- Redis / Memcached
About the Company
Stream provides an API for building and scaling activity feeds and chat.
We powers activity feeds and chat for over 500 million end-users. It's one of the fastest-growing startups located in Boulder, Colorado, and Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- Contact: Merel
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: https://getstream.io/careers/job/backend-software-engineer-pythongo/