Senior Software Engineer - CI/CD
Westford, MA, USA
Job TitleSenior Software Engineer - CI/CD
The Red Hat Engineering team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join us in Westford or Boston, MA. In this role, you will work as part of one of the leading Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) groups that provides services for Red Hat’s software development teams as well as to upstream communities. You’ll interact with other CI/CD, development, and quality assurance (QA) teams, and work with the latest technologies in the market today, such as OpenShift, Kubernetes, Prow, OpenStack, Jenkins, Python, Golang and Ansible.
- Develop, operate and maintain open-source CI/CD systems for the use of the product development teams
- Play an active role in CI/CD related projects and communities like Jenkins, Kubernetes, Prow, Tekton and OpenShift CI
- Participate in the development of Red Hat’s productization and release systems
- Serve as a professional authority in how a product should be built and released in Red Hat
- Submit code changes with new features or bug fixes and review patches from other members
- Work with other development and Quality Engineering (QE) teams to ensure that the CI/CD service covers all the required needs
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- Degree in computer science or software engineering or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience developing software in Python, Java, Golang or similar language
- 3+ years of experience working with Linux and writing shell scripts
- Experience working with complex systems that run multiple concurrent processes
- 1+ years of proven experience in building and running containerized applications
- Ability to receive code reviews from other developers and perform code reviews for others
- Experience with working on shared codebases using supply chain management (SCM) systems such as GitHub, GitLab or Gerrit
- Read and understand code written in multiple programming languages and be able to find and fix bugs and implement new features
About the Company
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
- Contact: Lou Sostilio
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: https://us-redhat.icims.com/jobs/76910/senior-software-engineer/job?hub=7