Principal Software Engineer - Red Hat Storage Solutions
Remote, United States
Job TitlePrincipal Software Engineer - Red Hat Storage Solutions
The Red Hat Storage Engineering team is looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join us in the US. In this role, you will design and implement solutions for integrating storage into Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift and providing data services for applications and infrastructure, contributing to innovative technologies like Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift, Rook, Red Hat Ceph Storage, etc. You will collaborate with multiple Red Hat Engineering teams and open source communities around the world as part of a geographically distributed team.
- Play an active contributing role in container-storage related projects and communities like Kubernetes, Red Hat OpenShift, Rook, and Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Research and define the features that can provide the best user experience for end users
- Design and work on implementation of new features; contribute to open source projects in Golang, Python, and other languages
- Be responsible for the quality of our offerings, participate in peer code reviews and continuous integration (CI), and respond to security threats
- Work with our Red Hat's global Customer Support team and partner Support teams on resolving customer issues
- Work with the Quality Engineering (QE) team to ensure that projects are tested correctly
- Publicize the work of the team through blogs, web postings, or conference talks
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of the container ecosystem, e.g., Kubernetes or Red Hat OpenShift
- Experience with storage technologies, distributed systems, or infrastructure maintenance
- Experience with either Kubernetes or a distributed storage system like Red Hat Ceph Storage
- Knowledge of various cloud platforms
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies with minimal guidance; willingness to learn and work in languages like Go
- Excellent communication skills
The following are considered a plus:
- Open source development experience
- Development experience with Kubernetes
- Development experience with another distributed storage platform
About the Company
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
- Contact: Elle Ackerman
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://us-redhat.icims.com/jobs/77242/principal-software-engineer/job?hub=7