Software Engineer - Python
Raleigh, NC, USA
Job TitleSoftware Engineer - Python
The Red Hat Engineering team is looking for a Software Engineer with a passion for open source software to join our Cost Management team in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will work as a member of a team responsible for delivering management Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offerings. As a developer on the team, you'll write code, review pull requests, fix bugs, and experience agile development and application deployment with the latest technologies in the field of containers. We're looking for someone who is smart, friendly, collaborative, curious, and who loves to mentor and to learn. As a Software Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to develop with Python, using containers and Red Hat OpenShift in a fast-paced, distributed environment.
- Develop new features using agile development methods
- Collaborate and innovate cross-functionally with other engineers and team members to deliver creative solutions for our customers
- Fix customer issues and work with Support teams to reproduce, confirm, and roll fixes out to customers
- Review and test code with team members
- Work with the team to define and prioritize issues
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- 2-3 years of experience in software development developing for production applications, preferably in Python
- Experience with web-based applications, preferably through a REST API
- Experience with relational databases and SQL queries, preferably PostgreSQL
- Experience with GitHub, GitLab, or other collaborative code forges
- Great communication and collaboration skills; solid attention to detail
The following are considered a plus:
- Experience with agile development and open source projects
- Experience with continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) pipelines like Jenkins, Travis, or GitLab CI
- Experience with Red Hat OpenShift or other container technologies
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or cloud provider technologies
About the Company
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
- Contact: Al Avoy
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://us-redhat.icims.com/jobs/79446/software-engineer---python/job?hub=7