Python Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Job TitlePython Software Engineer
Simpetus is seeking a software engineer to add multithreading support for the open-source, electromagnetic simulation package Meep (https://meep.readthedocs.io) with Python API. The ideal candidate enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced technology-startup environment at the forefront of computational science and engineering and high performance computing. A background in photonics or numerical analysis is not required.
- Performance optimization (e.g. shared-memory parallelism with OpenMP, SIMD utilization, profiling and improving performance bottlenecks).
- Work with Meep developers on functionality, debugging, and performance/parallelization issues.
- Code will eventually be merged into the Meep repository (https://github.com/NanoComp/meep) and released as free software under GNU GPL.
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years experience developing C/C++ and Python applications related to technical computing, performance optimization, or parallelization.
- Experience with inter-language calling between Python and C/C++.
- Authorization to work in the US.
About the Company
Simpetus is an early-stage photonics simulation startup out of MIT and based in San Francisco with seed-stage funding ($1M+) through NSF awards. Researchers at Simpetus recently released a manuscript which describes a machine-learning framework for efficiently running massively-parallel physical simulations using cloud-based MPI clusters: https://arxiv.org/abs/2003.04287.