Senior Software Developer
Xanadu Quantum Technologies Inc.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Job TitleSenior Software Developer
As a Senior Software Developer you will help build a trustworthy AI platform to combat rogue quantum and classical AI. Xanadu is a full-stack quantum computing and advanced AI company. You will be involved in completely reshaping the nature of computation as we know it.
Description: - Is able to take a technical leadership role - Is comfortable working in cross-functional teams - Is able to evangelize proper software development practises throughout the team - Can work anywhere in the stack, from databases, to REST APIs and above - Is comfortable working with a variety of open-source software including Nginx, Redis, and Postgres - Understands the full lifecycle of software development, including version control, code review, testing, continuous integration, logging, documentation and debugging - Is able to work productively on a geographically distributed team - Is able to contribute to open-source projects at a high technical level - Is curious and enthusiastic about new and unfamiliar technologies - Pays careful attention to detail - Has good communication skills and can express complex technical concepts in a clear and easy to understand way
- No telecommuting
- Agencies are OK
- Has 4-8 years of experience working in the field
- Is proficient in Python
- Is adept at working with Linux
- Is comfortable working with Git and GitHub
- Is a generalist developer who is comfortable working in multiple languages
- Hands-on experience building large, fault-tolerant, distributed systems at scale
- Experience using Docker and deploying to cloud platforms like AWS or Google Cloud
- Working knowledge of client-server architecture
- A basic understanding of machine learning and AI
About the Company
Located in the heart of downtown Toronto, Xanadu is a leading full-stack quantum computing and advanced AI company. Our mission is to build quantum computers that are useful and available to people everywhere. With a world-class global team and over $40 million in funding from top tier investors, Xanadu is the world-leader in photonic quantum computing, solving the most significant and computationally intensive problems facing enterprises today.