Data Engineers (Mid & Senior)
London, United Kingdom
Job TitleData Engineers (Mid & Senior)
We’re looking for software engineers with a keen interest in data and data-processing technologies, to help us fix the broken process of buying and selling homes in the UK. You’ll be joining the data team at an exciting juncture, focusing on:
Having a big impact: the success of our data engineers and our team is determined by the business value we create, which means focusing on impactful areas and problems
Building product capabilities: our data engineers work closely with product engineering teams to understand data requirements in our digital products, and turn these requirements into a delivered solution
Enabling self-serve: data-led decision making is powered by self-serve analytics, and our data engineers take responsibility for the reliable and timely ELT processes and data pipelines which sit behind this
Modern technologies: our team works within a modern, modular data stack using GCP infrastructure, and follow software engineering best practices
Productionising machine-learning: our data engineers work alongside data scientists in developing scalable infrastructure to deploy machine learning models and deploy predictions
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- First and foremost, you’re an established software engineer with years of experience, well versed in agile engineering best practices, including version control, test-driven development and continuous integration
- You write clean, performant and well-documented code
- You have a strong understanding of Python and SQL, and are comfortable using them daily
- You’ve plenty of experience (and get a kick out of) mentoring more junior developers, and perhaps managing people
- You can compose simple solutions to complex problems
- It’s helpful, but not required, if you have hands-on experience working with data infrastructure and tooling
- It’s helpful, but not required, if you know a bit of statistics or machine learning
If the above describes you, then you should apply if:
- You’re excited by the challenges Nested is tackling!
- You enjoy data & solving data problems
- You’re analytically curious, and love digging into business and product problems
- You’re an avid learner who enjoys picking-up new technologies, sharing knowledge with teammates, and is always developing professionally
- You’re comfortable working on open-ended questions and turning these to actionable outcomes, and are capable of self-direction
- You’re impact driven, and care about working on the things which will ‘move-the-needle’ and make a startup successful
About the Company
Who we are:
Nested is redefining estate agency in the UK. For too long, sellers have been subjected to unresponsive agents and broken processes. With a combination of groundbreaking technology and expert local agents, Nested is fixing the whole moving experience one problem at a time.
Today, estate agents get away with doing half a job, getting a seller under offer before leaving them to navigate the rest of the process by themselves. Nested is built for movers, the first estate agent to support both the selling and buying process, for no extra fee. We can even make sellers chain-free, with our groundbreaking cash advance securing their ideal home before they sell.
We are a wildly ambitious team, backed by Europe’s leading VCs and led by an experienced, hands-on founding team. In our buzzing Farringdon offices you’ll find a crew of friendly and collaborative problem-solvers each contributing to a new era for home movers. And when work is over, there’s plenty of socialising, from film nights to sports days.
If redefining an entire industry is a challenge that motivates you, come and join the team at Nested.
The data team:
Our team mission is that data is a superpower for Nested, from powering our customer-facing digital products through to enabling a data-led organisation. We’re a small but growing cross-functional team (engineers, analysts & scientists) looking to have an outsized impact for Nested. Our goal is to be a trusted partner for driving new insights and commercial opportunities, and to empower our users (customers and colleagues) to make the best possible decisions.