Open Source Robot / Industrial Automation
Job TitleOpen Source Robot / Industrial Automation
- Task : Open Source Robot / Industrial Automation
- Preferred location : Lille (France), Plovdiv (Bulgaria)
- Other locations : Paris (France), Munich (Germany), Tokyo (Japan) or Shanghai (China)
- Type : Internship or Job
- Function : Developer
- Duration : 3-6 Months/Permanent
- Reference : Offer-2020-AOI-Hardware
Nexedi is looking for an engineer and developer whose task is to build open source industrial robots and open source couplers for industrial automation driven by open source PLC such as ProviewR and based on an Edge Computing architecture. All items should be assembled from Olimex open source hardware or 3D printed parts.
All results will be published under open source licenses, including software, PCBs or designs for 3D printing.
The target application is a small assembly line of Open Compute Project (OCP) servers. One possible specific application is Artificial Optical Inspection (AOI).
Due to the many challenges still posed by open source robotics and industrial automation, the project will focus on one single aspect of the assembly line which will be decided after discussions with the engineer, such as:
- provisioning of micro-controllers by SlapOS Edge Computing orchestration system;
- local execution control algorithms of micro-controllers used as couplers;
- remote process control algorithms deployed in virtual PLCs;
- remote path planning algorithms;
- design of 3D enclosures;
- design of robot mechanics;
- design of the assembly line;
- design of open source robot for Artificial Optical Inspection (AOI);
- Master ProviewR
- Master open source industrial automation and robotics
- Master Edge Computing based on SlapOS
- Master OPC-UA
- Master Olimex open source hardware
- Master Edge-core open networking switches
- Contribute to a trusted open source industrial automation and robotics based on standards
- Contribute to Edge Computing projects for industry-leading clients
- Contribute to open source projects such as ProviewR, SlapOS, KiCAD, FreeCAD
- Contribute to open source hardware, including open source robots and couplers
- Contribute to research projects to build the future of our open source stack
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- Passionate, self-driven.
- Willingness to contribute to an open source ecosystem and the Free Software community.
- Good skills in GNU/Linux operating system.
- Good programming skills in python and C
- Basic engineering skills in electronics and 3D printing
- Good software development skills (version control, testing, debugging).
- Good command of English.
About the Company
Nexedi has been developing free software since launching in 2001. We are maintaining software solutions (see our full stack ) with over 10 million lines of code including:
- ERP5 - ERP/CRM/DMS/e-business
- Slapos - Cloud Orchestration and deployment
- Wendelin - Big Data/Machine Learning
- Neo - Distributed Storage
- Resist - Resilient Mesh Network
- Renderjs - Promise based component framework
- jIO - Virtual File System and storage connector
- NayuOS - Private OS
- OfficeJs - Private, offline capable productivity AppStore
Besides participating in various research initiatives, Nexedi provides customisation services for solutions with implementations being used by corporations such as Airbus, Sanef, Mitsubishi all around the world. We follow the principles of reflexive programming, enforce strict unit testing and emphasise using the latest web technologies.
Our economic model requires each developer to fulfill R&D objectives aiming at delivering short to medium sized solutions to customer requirements and progressing the evolution of our software stack. This way we try to be innovative and fund long term free software without the need for venture capital.
- Contact: Sven FRANCK
- E-mail contact: email@example.com
- Web: https://www.nexedi.com/jobs/NXD-Recruiting.Opportunity.Job.Or.Trainee.AOI.Hardware.2020