Senior Full Stack Engineer
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Job TitleSenior Full Stack Engineer
Numerator is a data and technology company reinventing market research. Headquartered in Chicago, IL, Numerator has 1,600 employees worldwide. The company blends proprietary data with advanced technology to create unique insights for the market research industry that has been slow to change. The majority of Fortune 100 companies are Numerator clients.
Numerator is looking for a passionate Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our Price Intel Team located in our Ottawa office. As part of our Price Intel team, you will be implementing exciting new features that engage and influence Numerator’s customers. Our team faces a variety of unique and interesting challenges, from creating new tools and components, implementing critical web services and creating new and engaging end-user experiences. This is a fast-paced role with high growth, visibility, impact, and where many of the decisions for new projects will be driven by you and your team from inception through production.
If you are seeking an environment where you get to do meaningful work with other great engineers, then we want to hear from you!
What you will get to do
- Help and create the design, architecture, and execution of everything from front to back.
- Make decisions about code design, architecture, and refactoring to balance technical debt against delivering functionality.
- Collaborate with your team to design, build, test and ship high quality software to Numerator’s customers while shaping Numerator’s technical roadmap for the Price Intel Platform.
- Lead medium-large feature projects from conception to completion, working with stakeholders to identify project risks and recommend mitigating solutions.
- Collaborate with our cross-functional team to build powerful and easy-to-use products.
- Mentor junior engineers and perform code reviews.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
What you bring
- Have 5+ years of experience in a full stack role, with 3 of those years at a senior level.
- Experience with large-scale distributed storage and database systems (SQL and/or NoSQL).
- Experience with Restful API Design & Implementation.
- Deep technical knowledge developed through multiple years of hands-on software engineering and a proven ability to provide technical mentorship and guidance to your team.
- Motivation to participate in ongoing learning and growth through pair programming, test-driven development, code reviews, and application of new technologies and best practices.
- You look ahead to identify opportunities and foster a culture of innovation.
Nice to haves
- Experience working in a modern web application stack (React, Backbone, Angular, Ember, etc.)
- Previous experience working with a geographically distributed software engineering team.
- Experience in an Agile software development environment.
- Expertise with big data, analytics, machine learning, and personalization.
- Start-up or CPG industry experience.
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
About the Company
What we offer you
- An inclusive and collaborative company culture - we work in an open environment while working together to get things done and adapt to the changing needs as they come.
- An opportunity to have an impact in a technologically data-driven company.
- Ownership over platforms and environments in an industry-leading product.
- Market competitive total compensation package.
- Volunteer time off and charitable donation matching.
- Strong support for career growth, including mentorship programs, leadership training, access to conferences, employee resources groups and women's leadership initiatives programs.
- Regular hackathons to build your own projects and Engineering Lunch and Learns.
- Great benefits package including health/vision/dental, unlimited PTO, flexible schedule, RRSPs matching, travel reimbursement and more.
If this sounds like something you would like to be part of, we’d love for you to apply! Don't worry if you think t that you don't meet all the qualifications here; the tools, technology, and methodologies we use are constantly changing and we value talent and interest over specific experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.