Senior Software Engineer - Python Full Stack
Grand Rapids, Michigan, US
Job TitleSenior Software Engineer - Python Full Stack
Basic Purpose: Responsible for performing expert-level application analysis, design and development activities for SourceForge.net - a complex, high-volume, transaction-oriented, database driven web site.
Location: 50% Remote, 50% onsite (office in Grand Rapids, Michigan)
- Responsible for analyzing, designing, coding, debugging, testing, documenting, and deploying changes to the system.
- Python and full-stack web development
- Participate in initiative and deployment planning.
- Responsible for communicating project status to team members and business users.
- Work closely with team lead in evaluating current systems and making decisions on future development.
- As new technologies emerge and impact our systems, expected to learn these technologies very quickly and resolve any problems involved in integrating new technologies with our systems.
- Maintain and improve system documentation over time
- Provide assistance to support personnel as needed to determine system problems.
- Provide assistance to other engineers to help complete assignments.
- Conduct and perform regular code reviews.
- Participate in epic, sprint, and deployment planning.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Telecommuting is OK
- No Agencies Please
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Five or more years experience with analyzing, designing, coding, building, testing and deploying application systems in a business environment.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies preferred.
- Requires expertise with the following technologies:
- Databases: One of: Mongo, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- OS: Linux
- Prefer experience with the following technologies:
- TurboGears, LDAP
- Compass, TypeScript
- Svelte, Ember, or React
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and stay focused and organized in a remote, distributed work environment.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere.
Application: please apply through Indeed below. No email contact necessary.
About the Company
- Contact: Dave Brondsema
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=960a84621712caf8