Job TitleSoftware Engineer
Envelop is seeking talented software engineers with a background cloud-hosted web application development. The role will require close collaboration with Envelop’s passionate team of data scientists, data engineers, and underwriters, shaping data analytics solutions to meet client needs.
Insurance and cyber security experience are not required, but would be looked upon favourably.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- Designing, implementing, and managing applications that deliver data science products to customers
- Working with our data science team to understand how best to deliver our products
- Close collaboration with our underwriting team to understand their requirements
- Building applications that combine a broad range of data sets
- Developing tools with our data engineering team to support our data-heavy workflows
- Continually evaluating and improving systems in production
- Keeping up to date with the latest tools, methods, & technologies
- Key skills
- Good knowledge of using Python for data processing and application development (Django, - - Flask, Pandas, SQLAlchemy, etc)
- Fluency in SQL
- Exposure to working with large, complex, and messy data sets
- Working in an agile software development environment
- Desirable experience
- Front-end application development frameworks, e.g. React, Vue.js, Angular, etc
- Non-relational databases (e.g. BigTable, Redis, CouchDB, RethinkDB, Elasticsearch, etc)
- Google Cloud Platform
- Bachelor of Science or higher in a technical degree, with specializations related to computer science preferred
- At least one year’s relevant industry experience, including internships, part-time positions, and graduate level education
About the Company
Envelop Risk is a rapidly-growing underwriting agency combining world leaders in (re)insurance underwriting and artificial intelligence-based simulation modelling. We underwrite cyber reinsurance contracts and are building cyber insurance products that will be distributed globally. We are seeking technical staff for our global technology hub in central Bristol.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We are totally opposed to discrimination in any form on the grounds of race, sex, disability or religion and it is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all employees regardless of race, sex, colour, nationality, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability. We perform police background checks, but will not exclude any candidate arrested for non-violent climate strike protest.
- Contact: James Rutherford
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://enveloprisk.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=3