Lead Programmer and Technical Manager
Centre for Experimental Social Sciences, Nuffield College
Oxford, United Kingdom
Job TitleLead Programmer and Technical Manager
The Nuffield College Centre for Experimental Social Sciences (CESS) seeks to appoint a skilled programmer who will undertake and oversee programming and manage the operations of the CESS behavioural labs and its online virtual experiments. CESS runs social science experiments with human subjects in four labs (with networked computers where participants play behavioural games) and using online and mobile interfaces. The labs are located at Nuffield College in Oxford, England; Santiago, Chile; Pune, India; and Tianjin, China. Some travel to other CESS facilities may be required, but the Lead Programmer and Technical Manager will be based at Nuffield College in Oxford.
The post is full-time and fixed-term for two years in the first instance. There will be an initial probationary period of six months. The salary is £39,970 per annum.
Further Particulars including information about how to apply are available from our website at: https://www.nuffield.ox.ac.uk/media/3934/jd-cessleadprogrammer_dec19.pdf
The deadline for applications is Thursday 30 January 2020. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and candidates may be invited for interview in advance of the closing date.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- a Master's degree in a relevant social science or computing discipline (e.g. computer science, economics, geography);
- strong demonstrated experience in programming web applications;
- good knowledge of networks, servers, and client;
- willingness to acquire skills in oTree, z-tree and Qualtrics (training will be provided); and
- ability to work effectively in a small team and with a diverse range of people.
- experience with social science lab experiments;
- experience of working with Windows Domains; or
- experience of working with Apache HTTP Server.
About the Company
Nuffield College exists to promote excellence in education and research, and is an equal opportunities employer committed to equality and valuing diversity. Applications are particularly welcome from women, from disabled people, and from black and minority ethnic candidates, who are currently under-represented in posts in the College.
- Contact: Justine Crump
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://www.nuffield.ox.ac.uk/the-college/jobs-and-vacancies/lead-programmer-technical-manager/