Python Big Data Developer
IPV Holdings Ltd
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Job TitlePython Big Data Developer
We're looking for a senior Python developer for a Linux environment with at least 5 years’ experience and able to live and breathe building modern back-end ETL systems.
- Telecommuting is OK
- Agencies are OK
- Analyze existing system using Python Linux version (data sources, structures, dependencies)
- Timeline Design and documentation
- Design and create DB architecture (choosing partitioning principals, creating Impala DB structures)
- Build extraction/transform and tool (Download file to Local FS, parse XML source files, split data and store it in HDSF)
- Extract, transform and load data into the new Data storage (Testing typical Impala queries checking for bottlenecks, performance measurement, fixing bugs)
About the Company
We provide risk assurance tools that provide insight for decision makers. This ranges from behavioral data risk benchmarks, risk insights to risk scores for financial institutions, professional liability insurers and intellectual property practitioners.