Lead Python Developer
Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
Job TitleLead Python Developer
Tired of not seeing the work you’ve done actually being used? Managed teams whilst remaining hands-on? Like games, have no experience working on them and want to? (don’t worry, they aren’t ‘brogrammers’ either) ?
I know all agencies say, ‘$client is one of their favourites’ but these guys actually are (partially because I’m a gamer myself). There is no BS with them, they are small enough that you’ll get to touch all aspects of the game and on top, they have done ridiculously well on a global scale.
We have placed 4/5 of their engineers thus far (who did not come from a gaming background) and they love it there. Probably one of our biggest fears is helping someone find a job which turns out to not what we/they described.
They’ve built and released games that literally has millions of players – no mean feat but on top of that, they have won awards for those titles.
What you will be doing:
- You’ll be leading a team of 5-10 really solid game server engineers – this is a python house too
- You’ll be leading/managing whilst holding up the technical direction too
- Design and define the architecture and game server logic whilst working with the head honcho
- The name of the game is high performance/low latency results (they have a shed load of concurrent users understandably in the 10’s of thousands)
- You’ll need to be able to have a solid head on you with regards to juggling operations, development and solid mentorship skills
- You’d more than likely need to understand the DevOps side of things too
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- This is a particularly senior role so you’ll need a solid amount of both development and technical leadership skills
- Python, python, python, python (within in a Linux/Unix environment)
- You will be developing on different aspects of their game servers with a number of really solid engineers on your team. You will also be liaising with all the different teams within the company.
- Architectural experience (on a large scale)
- Understanding how to get the best CPU performance, data storage and high-performance code
- Ability to write efficient low-latency and low-IO code
- You know how to prevent intrusions, injections and cheating
About the Company
Easily one of the best gaming companies in Dublin/globally.
Why work with this team?
- Work with really sound people (I know them well)
- Good culture where you aren’t just a number on a spreadsheet
- Bang in the city centre in a class office
- Relocation (will sponsor too)
- Full Health Benefits for you and the family
- Kitchen full of treats
- Great holiday allowance
- Lots of social events – really close-knit team
- Contact: Cian Crosse
- E-mail contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web: https://www.ninedots.io/job/lead-python-developer/