Python Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Job TitlePython Software Engineer
Simpetus is seeking a Python expert to contribute to developing and maintaining our state-of-the-art, open-source, electromagnetic simulation packages Meep (meep.readthedocs.io). The ideal candidate enjoys working in a dynamic, fast-paced, technology-startup environment at the forefront of computational science and engineering. Start date is immediate.
- Develop Python API for Meep and maintain conda-forge package
- Tightly integrate Python front end with C/C++ back end for enhanced performance
- Work with Meep developers to debug functionality and benchmark performance
- Code will be released as free software under GNU GPL
Simpetus offers competitive compensation packages.
Apply with cover letter and curriculum vitae (CV) via email to email@example.com.
- Telecommuting is OK
- Agencies are OK
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience developing Python and C/C++ applications
- Experience using SWIG with inter-language calling between Python and C/C++
- Authorization to work in the U.S.
About the Company
Simpetus is a seed-stage National Science Foundation (NSF) funded startup founded by a team of MIT-trained scientists and engineers who have lead the development of state-of-the-art, open-source, photonics simulation tools for more than fifteen years. Our mission is to provide simulation tools that enable new discoveries and technologies. Our clients are research and development groups in industry and academia seeking to leverage state-of-the-art simulation tools to enhance productivity. We also provide consulting services for electromagnetic design and modeling including custom simulation development for turn-key applications as well as technical support for our suite of open-source simulation tools.