Software Engineer (Automation & Robotics)
South San Francisco, California, United States
Job TitleSoftware Engineer (Automation & Robotics)
The vast majority of our operations are powered by our own custom-built infrastructure on a Python/Django/Postgres stack, from ordering to lab processing to billing. We're building new tools, new workflows, and new infrastructure to solve the challenging problems of a technology startup involved with not just bits, but also interconnected physical components like lab robotics and patient samples.
If you like to code in Python, this is the job for you!
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5 Years of industry experience in a high level language - Python
- 5 years of industry experience working with web application development, preferably Django Experience with a modern JS framework such as React or AngularJS and frontend asset build pipeline a plus.
- Relational database systems experience, such as PostgreSQL
- Experience with Unix and other command line tools
- Demonstrated experience with development processes and tools
- Demonstrated experience with configuration management, automated testing and deployment, plus virtualization technologies would be a major asset
- Prior experience working in a regulated environment with design control would be an asset
- Biotech, pharmaceutical, lab automation, LIMS, or clinical-laboratory experience would be an asset.
- Excellent technical troubleshooting skills.
- Bonus for previous experience integrating JIRA into an automated anomaly/error tracking system.
About the Company
Myriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets.