Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Job TitleFull-Stack Engineer
Full Time | Toronto, ON | Software & Algorithms
Are you looking for an opportunity to contribute to the next revolution in computing technology? Do you want to take part in an exciting and rapidly growing new industry? Do you want to put your skills to use at the forefront of a cutting-edge field?
Our software engineering team is looking for someone like you. You will help build a quantum cloud platform that will allow anyone in the world to use our innovative quantum hardware. You will be involved in completely reshaping the nature of computation as we know it.
- No telecommuting
- No Agencies Please
We are looking for someone who:
- has 3–5 years of experience working in the field
- is a generalist developer who is comfortable working in multiple languages
- is proficient in Python
- can work anywhere in the stack, from databases, to REST APIs and above
- is comfortable working with a variety of open-source software including Nginx, Redis, and Postgres
- understands the full life-cycle of software development, including version control, code review, testing, continuous integration, logging, documentation and debugging
- is able to work productively on a geographically distributed team
- is comfortable working with Git and GitHub
- is able to contribute to open-source projects at a high technical level
- is adept at working with Linux
- is curious and enthusiastic about new and unfamiliar technologies
- pays careful attention to detail
- has good communication skills and can express complex technical concepts in a clear and easy to understand way
Bonus skills or experience:
- hands-on experience building large, fault-tolerant, distributed systems at scale
- experience using Docker and deploying to cloud platforms like AWS or Google Cloud
- working knowledge of a systems-level programming language like C, C++, or Rust
- a basic understanding of quantum mechanics and quantum computing
At Xanadu, we primarily work with Python, but we use a variety of tools, including Pyramid, C++, Postgres, Redis, Docker, CI pipelines, and multiple cloud platforms. We build using a distributed microservice model, and we are constantly exploring new technologies to add to our stack.
If you are not familiar with some of these technologies, that’s okay! Full familiarity with the stack is not a requirement. Please submit a copy of your CV and any additional information outlining why you think this is the right role for you!
Click here to Apply: https://secure.collage.co/jobs/xanadu/13165
About the Company
About Xanadu: Xanadu is a full-stack photonic quantum computing and advanced AI company developing cloud-based hardware and software solutions. Our mission is to build quantum computers that are useful and available to people everywhere. With a world-class team based in Toronto, including 35 PhDs, Xanadu has been collaborating with top financial institutions, retailers, and tech companies to solve their most significant and computationally intensive problems with cutting-edge AI today, while setting them up to thrive in the quantum age tomorrow.